Author Topic: China plans wind tower as big as the Eiffel Tower, blades 1000ft across (Better at killing birds and  (Read 284 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China plans wind tower as big as the Eiffel Tower, blades 1000ft across (Better at killing birds and bats?)
Wind turbine
MingYang

By Jo Nova

In the race for “free” but random energy, or perhaps for bigger status symbols, China set a new record in July with a 16MW wind tower with a rotor diameter of an awesome 853 feet (260m). It’s a bird mincer one quarter of a kilometer across. But already plans are being drawn up for an even bigger one.

What could possibly go wrong? It’s typhoon proof…

Gargantuan 22-MW wind turbine will be among history’s largest machines
By Loz Blain, New Atlas

Imagine something as tall as New York’s Chrysler building, but spinning. China’s Mingyang Smart Energy has announced plans for a colossal 22-megawatt offshore wind turbine, and standing in its presence will be an unprecedented human experience.

The new turbine proposed for 2025 by MingYang, according to Bloomberg, will have a peak output of 22 MW, and a rotor diameter over 310 m (1,017 ft), corresponding to a swept area of at least 75,477 sq m (812,425 sq ft, 14.1 NFL football fields, 60 olympic swimming pools), minus hub.

The Eiffel Tower is 324m tall.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/10/china-plans-wind-tower-as-big-as-the-eiffel-tower-blades-1000ft-across-better-at-killing-birds-and-bats/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=china-plans-wind-tower-as-big-as-the-eiffel-tower-blades-1000ft-across-better-at-killing-birds-and-bats
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :pigs fly:  It is nothing but PR to show how "committed" they are to green energy.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The more critters they kill, the more viruses they will have to mess with...

1000 ft. blades? Could swat small planes.

That blade tip would travel 6,280 ft. with every revolution.

10 RPM would mean the blade tips had to travel at 1046 ft./sec, not much under the speed of sound (1125 ft./sec).

What is going to hold it together?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

What is going to hold it together?

The Bullsh*t they're slinging!
Thomas Jefferson