Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib triples down. ‘I want an investigation.’  (Read 287 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Rashida Tlaib triples down. ‘I want an investigation.’
« on: October 25, 2023, 01:52:36 am »

https://tlaib.house.gov/posts/tlaib-statement-on-al-ahli-baptist-hospital

WASHINGTON D.C. — Today, Representative Rashida Tlaib (MI-12) released the following statement:

“Media outlets and third-party analysts have raised doubts about claims and evidence offered by both Israel and the Gaza Ministry of Health, and I agree with the United Nations that an independent investigation is necessary. I cannot uncritically accept Israel’s denials of responsibility as fact, especially in light of confirmation from the World Health Organization that Israel has bombed numerous medical facilities in Gaza and reports from the Palestinian Red Crescent Society of ongoing threats from the Israeli military to evacuate hospitals.

“Both the Israeli and United States governments have long, documented histories of misleading the public about wars and war crimes—like last year’s Israeli military assassination of Shireen Abu Akleh and the false claims of weapons of mass destruction that led our country into the Iraq War—and cannot clear themselves of responsibility without an independent international investigation. This debate should not distract us from the urgent need for a ceasefire to save innocent civilian lives.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Rashida Tlaib triples down. ‘I want an investigation.’
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 02:40:44 am »
Over 7,000 missiles launched from (among other places) schoolyards, hospitals, and other sensitive civilian environs, primarily at civilians.

Retaliatory strikes to eliminate the launch site are simple counterbattery action, whether carried out from the air, by artillery, or missiles. That is standard behaviour in wartime, and war is Hell, especially for civilians.  Perhaps some thought should be given to the type of people who would endanger women, children, elders, the helpless, and all other civilians by the way they chose to site their offensive armaments. They are using their countrymen (not just hostages) as human shields, and crying when the shields prove ineffective.

No sympathy, really. Especially when weapons launched at the 'enemy' comeback to haunt them. The phrase "Hoist 'pon his own petard.' comes to mind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis