Author Topic: The Army wants to see more ‘creativity’ from special operations forces  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army wants to see more ‘creativity’ from special operations forces
By Davis Winkie
 Oct 23, 01:49 PM

Brig. Gen. Lawerence "Gil" Ferguson, departing Deputy Commanding General of Operations for the 82nd Airborne Division, renders a salute during his promotion ceremony on Fort Bragg, North Carolina, June 10, 2021. The installation is now known as Fort Liberty. (Spc. Jacob Ward/Army)
Above all else, the commander of 1st Special Forces Command says he wants to see creativity out of the Army’s special operators — he thinks it’s what will provide them with an edge in the next fight in light of the rapid tactical innovations occurring on Ukraine’s battlefield.

Brig. Gen. Lawrence ”Gil” Ferguson, who spoke with Army Times, is a firm believer in an oft-repeated special operations truism: people are more important than hardware.

“Technology is not going to win the next fight,” he said. “The side that applies new technology with the most creativity and audacity is going to win.”

The one-star — who is currently impacted by Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s blanket hold on general officer promotions — knows what outside-the-box thinking and experience look like, because he embodies it.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/10/23/the-army-wants-to-see-more-creativity-from-special-operations-forces/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson