Author Topic: United States Attorney's Office Releases 2023 Third Quarter Immigration Enforcement Statistics  (Read 296 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
United States Attorney's Office Releases 2023 Third Quarter Immigration Enforcement Statistics
Tuesday, October 24, 2023

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Arizona
PHOENIX, Ariz. – Today, the United States Attorney’s Office announced its immigration enforcement statistics for July 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023. These cases are prosecuted in partnership with the Tucson and Yuma Sectors of the Customs and Border Protection’s U.S. Border Patrol, along with Homeland Security Investigations, and assistance from other federal, state, and county agencies. In the three-month period ending September 30, 2023, the United States brought criminal charges in Arizona against 1,219 individuals who illegally entered or re-entered the United States. In its ongoing effort to deter unlawful immigration, the United States also filed 254 cases against individuals responsible for smuggling undocumented noncitizens to and within the District of Arizona. In this time period, the United States also prosecuted 82 reactive drug cases arising out of immigration ports of entry and checkpoints.

Reducing migrant smuggling and mitigating the risk to communities impacted by these offenses continues to be a priority for the Office and its law enforcement partners. Some of these prosecutions are directed against leaders and coordinators of alien smuggling organizations. Other prosecutions are aimed at deterring young adult drivers, often recruited over social media platforms, from engaging in this dangerous activity. Prosecutions against young drivers include four cases brought against juvenile smugglers during this time period.

These statistics represent United States Attorney’s Office prosecutions only. The numbers do not include individuals apprehended by immigration enforcement officials and subjected solely to administrative process.

RELEASE NUMBER:    2023-157_2023 Third Quarter Immigration Enforcement Statistics

# # #

For more information on the U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/az/
Follow the U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Arizona, on Twitter @USAO_AZ for the latest news.

Contact

https://www.justice.gov/usao-az/pr/united-states-attorneys-office-releases-2023-third-quarter-immigration-enforcement
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson