Author Topic: House Republicans and a Field of Rakes ...Derek Hunter  (Read 185 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans and a Field of Rakes ...Derek Hunter
« on: October 24, 2023, 03:17:00 pm »
House Republicans and a Field of Rakes
Derek Hunter

As a kid, I loved watching “This Week in Baseball” and enjoyed rain delays at games because both meant you got to see bloopers. The blooper reel was awesome for a kid, combining the baseball we loved with the physical comedy we couldn’t get enough of. I eventually grew out of my love for physical comedy, for the most part (if done well, it can still get me), and only pay passive attention to baseball. But the concept of bloopers and unforced errors are still around and have graduated to the political world. It’s not funny, but watching Republicans in the House of Representatives step on an ever-growing series of metaphorical rakes is the perfect analogy for how things are going.

As in most elections, the American public rejects the reactionary panic of progressive policies. While Democrats push hard to get people to embrace a jealous mindset – turning people against each other over what some people have while others don’t – the public largely views wealth as something to aspire to, not to hate. It certainly is changing – and capitalist/freedom sentiments boil over regularly on college campuses, though not really on assembly lines.

It’s one of life’s ironies that people with the more readily available opportunity to be upwardly mobile resent the method of mobility more than those the wealthy get offended on behalf of. College students will, on average, make more than people who didn’t go to college. That income difference disappears if the student majors in something unmarketable, like gender or ethnic studies, but you can’t protect people from their own stupidity. That’s what parents are supposed to be for.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/10/24/house-republicans-and-a-field-of-rakes-n2630239
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34