Author Topic: How Hamas trumped Netanyahu holds lesson for divided United States. Wake up, America.  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 How Hamas trumped Netanyahu holds lesson for divided United States. Wake up, America.
Opinion by Uriel Heilman
 •
1h

MODIIN, Israel – After Hamas terrorists launched their brutal surprise attack in southern Israel on Oct. 7, many observers tried to contextualize the event as Israel’s 9/11. It’s a bad comparison.

For one thing, as President Joe Biden noted in Tel Aviv last week, the death toll of Israelis – more than 1,400 – represents a far larger proportion of Israel’s population of 9 million than the 9/11 attacks did in the United States, where nearly 3,000 were killed in 2001. An equivalent U.S. attack would mean about 50,000 deaths.

But the real flaw in the comparison is that a successful Hamas infiltration of Israel from Gaza was the exact scenario for which Israel was supposed to be prepared – not some unpredictable event. While Hamas bears sole blame for its ruthless attack, Israel’s failure to anticipate it or respond adequately during that day while terrorists massacred Israeli civilians virtually unimpeded constitutes a catastrophic, systemic failure of Israel’s government, intelligence and military.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/how-hamas-trumped-netanyahu-holds-lesson-for-divided-united-states-wake-up-america/ar-AA1iKt6x?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0fe83ea8673e4fd7971eaf35281c267a&ei=40
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson