Author Topic: Including Women in Security Missions Prevents Violence, Boosts Intel, Report Finds  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Including Women in Security Missions Prevents Violence, Boosts Intel, Report Finds
Kelsey Baker
Fri, October 20, 2023 at 4:43 PM EDT·4 min read

Women serving in tactical peacekeeping and security operations often work better with the civilian populations they're charged with protecting because of cultural norms, according to a report released this month.

The report pointed to several areas where having women involved in decision-making and mission execution yielded better results, according to the authors. Those included preventing violence.

"It's really to help commanders, the people making decisions, understand how gender factors might come into play and may impact operations," said co-author of the report Joslyn Fleming, a researcher at the think tank Rand Corp.

That includes situations where local women may not be able to speak freely to men or when men are around, a common occurrence during U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

https://news.yahoo.com/including-women-security-missions-prevents-204358167.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just think how bad it could have been in the Afghanistan debacle if there hadn't been women around? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Is there scientific data demonstrating that suicide bombers are less likely to target sites guarded by female soldiers?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright