Author Topic: Navy destroyer shot down missiles, drones over nine hours  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy destroyer shot down missiles, drones over nine hours
« on: October 23, 2023, 04:54:29 pm »
Navy destroyer shot down missiles, drones over nine hours
The engagement was longer, more complex than the military first admitted.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED OCT 21, 2023 4:56 PM EDT

AU.S. Navy destroyer shot down multiple drones and cruise missiles off the coast of Yemen this week, several more than the Navy originally reported.

On Wednesday, the USS Carney, an Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, opened fire on four cruise missiles and 15 airborne drones for nine hours, far longer than the military first said. Initially, the Pentagon said that the engagement only featured three missiles and “several” drones. CNN first reported on the longer, more complex engagement on Friday.

Per CNN, citing an American official familiar with the matter, the path and trajectory of the missiles had them en route to Israel. The missiles were fired by the Houthi rebels in Yemen, according to the Department of Defense, and would be the first attempt by any group in Yemen to strike at Israel in the aftermath of the Oct. 7 terror attacks by Hamas two weeks ago.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy-yemen-uss-carney-drones-cruise-missiles/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Navy destroyer shot down missiles, drones over nine hours
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 04:56:35 pm »
We may not be at war with Iran, but Iran is already at war with us.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright