Author Topic: Army Connects Air-Ground Missile Defense With Navy Warships at Sea  (Read 180 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Connects Air-Ground Missile Defense With Navy Warships at Sea
The Army and Northrop Grumman are taking new steps to expand targeting, threat tracking and missile defense technology
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONOCT 20, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Tracking ballistic missiles from warships in the sea, handing off targets from stealth fighters jets to ground interceptors and destroying multiple incoming cruise missiles with an extensive multi-domain network of sensors … are just a few things the Army’s fast-evolving Integrated Battle Command System is now configured to accomplish. The system is further expanding, due to a partnership between the Army and IBCS-maker Northrop Grumman, who have been working to leverage innovations and break the system through from air-ground connectivity to air-ground-sea interoperability.

The Army and Northrop Grumman are taking new steps to expand targeting, threat tracking and missile defense technology to more fully incorporate maritime warfare platforms into a joint, integrated, multi-domain system, a move seeking to help the service’s IBCS and the extended “BattleOne” command and control network efforts to breakthrough into a much greater multi-domain operational capacity.

IBCS, a now fully functional Army weapons and technology developmental effort, has been developing more many years as a multi-node, interwoven web of otherwides disparate sensor systems, radars and threat detection systems streamlined into an integrated, multi-domain warfare picture for commanders and decision makers. IBCS is capable of linking otherwise disaggregated or “stovepiped” defense sensors nodes and interceptors such as a Sentinel Radar, Patriot Missile and a software defined Active Electronically Scanned Array radar called AN/TPS-80 G/ATOR.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-connects-air-ground-missile-defense-with-navy-warships-at-sea
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson