Author Topic: What is most significant in the Pentagon's China military report?  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What is most significant in the Pentagon's China military report?
Reuters
October 20, 20238:21 PM EDTUpdated 2 days ago

WASHINGTON, Oct 20 (Reuters) - The Pentagon this week released its annual report on China's military, which touches on wide-ranging issues related to some of the most important developments in China's national security over the past year. Here are some key highlights:

NUCLEAR WEAPONS:

China has more than 500 operational nuclear warheads in its arsenal and will probably have over 1,000 warheads by 2030, the report said.

In a previous report, the Pentagon estimated that Beijing had more than 400 operational nuclear warheads in 2021.

MISSILES:

The report said China probably completed the construction of its three new silo fields in 2022, which has at least 300 new intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) silos.

The report said China may be exploring developing conventionally armed intercontinental-range missile systems, which, if developed, could allow Beijing to threaten the United States.

https://www.reuters.com/world/what-is-most-significant-pentagons-china-military-report-2023-10-21/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson