Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy: GOP House Speaker ‘Chaos’ Is ‘Embarrassing’  (Read 339 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy: GOP House Speaker ‘Chaos’ Is ‘Embarrassing’

Pam Key 22 Oct 2023

Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Republican “chaos” over choosing a speaker was “embarrassing.”

Anchor Kristen Welker said, “The House of Representatives has been without a speaker for nearly three weeks now. What do you say to Americans who look at this chaos and believe it’s a sign that Republicans cannot govern?”

McCarthy said, “It’s embarrassing. You’ve got to understand why we are here. Eight Republicans led by Gaetz have created this chaos by joining every single Democrat in voting to shut down one branch of government. Look, I would do the exact same thing again. Could you imagine if we were having this discussion rate now with the American government shutdown, with our troops in the Middle East wondering when they’ll ever get paid again? Keeping the government open was the right decision to make, and I’d make it again each and every day.”

He continued, “Now, the two men, Steve Scalise and Jim Jordan, they could have done the job as speaker. Unfortunately, the chaos has continued. We need to solve this problem, and we have a wide open southern border ask crushing inflation, and we’ve got war in the Middle East. This is not a moment in time to play around with learning on the job.”

McCarthy added, “What Matt Gaetz has done here, think about this, he has chosen with no plan concerned about an ethics complaint that was against him in the last Congress to try to go and move and shut it down. This is the wrong approach. It’s brought chaos.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/22/kevin-mccarthy-gop-house-speaker-chaos-is-embarrassing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Kevin McCarthy: GOP House Speaker ‘Chaos’ Is ‘Embarrassing’
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 04:15:07 pm »
I'm sorry Pageant Queen that you feel your image is tarnished. Maybe knock off the poseur stuff and start reeling in the debt before it sinks us all.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 04:52:37 pm »
I'm sorry Pageant Queen that you feel your image is tarnished. Maybe knock off the poseur stuff and start reeling in the debt before it sinks us all.

Getting rid of McCarthy won't reel in the debt.  Quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:45:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 05:06:06 pm »
Getting rid of McCarthy won't real in the debt.  Quite the opposite.

You have no facts to back up that assertion. Say what you want, but McCarthy was going down the same old compromise road as all his Establishment predecessors.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 07:44:14 pm »
You have no facts to back up that assertion.
Say what you want, but McCarthy was going down the same old compromise road as all his Establishment predecessors.

Sure I do.

McCarthy sat down with Chip Roy as the FC rep, and with reps from the Main Street and RSG caucuses.  He got the various GOP factions to agree to an 8% cut to the CR, plus border security.   Some so-called conservatives sank it.   The only alternative to a shutdown with no GOP alternative even on the table because of conservative intransigence was the Senate bill with no cuts all.

That's what your "conservatives" got us.

Any caucus unity has now been shattered deliberately by Gaetz and Co.. Without anyone to pull together the different factions in the GOP caucus, there won't be any GOP alternatives in the table.  And that means we'll get stuck with the crap the Senate sends over.

That's the sh*t sandwich Roy told us we were going to have to eat, and that "we'd probably deserve it."

Apparently, some conservatives failed math, and don't realize that the RINOs in the "Problem Solvers Caucus" have more than enough votes to pass legislation with Democrats if conservatives aren't willing to compromise.   Gaetz's stupid stunt has empowered the most liberal members of the GOP caucus.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:51:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 08:03:10 pm »
Kevin McCarthy: GOP House Speaker ‘Chaos’ Is ‘Embarrassing’

Pam Key 22 Oct 2023

Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Republican “chaos” over choosing a speaker was “embarrassing.”

Anchor Kristen Welker said, “The House of Representatives has been without a speaker for nearly three weeks now. What do you say to Americans who look at this chaos and believe it’s a sign that Republicans cannot govern?”

McCarthy said, “It’s embarrassing. You’ve got to understand why we are here. Eight Republicans led by Gaetz have created this chaos by joining every single Democrat in voting to shut down one branch of government. Look, I would do the exact same thing again. Could you imagine if we were having this discussion rate now with the American government shutdown, with our troops in the Middle East wondering when they’ll ever get paid again? Keeping the government open was the right decision to make, and I’d make it again each and every day.”

He continued, “Now, the two men, Steve Scalise and Jim Jordan, they could have done the job as speaker. Unfortunately, the chaos has continued. We need to solve this problem, and we have a wide open southern border ask crushing inflation, and we’ve got war in the Middle East. This is not a moment in time to play around with learning on the job.”

McCarthy added, “What Matt Gaetz has done here, think about this, he has chosen with no plan concerned about an ethics complaint that was against him in the last Congress to try to go and move and shut it down. This is the wrong approach. It’s brought chaos.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/22/kevin-mccarthy-gop-house-speaker-chaos-is-embarrassing/

So is McCarthy implying that he would have been able to secure the border and bring down inflation??  It seems to me that there was very little to no $$ allotted to securing/building a border wall and lots of $$ to Ukraine.

McCarthy makes it sound like he had everything under control -- no -- he didn't keep his word.

I also noticed he made comment about learning on the job; I saw that as a dig towards Donalds.  I still believe he would make an excellent Speaker.

McCarthy was a Trump pick -- so chaos and more of the same is exactly what McCarthy brought to the table; he folded on the first budget deal awhile ago.  McCarthy can blame Gaetz but ultimately because he couldn't keep his promises and keep the party that is supposed to be conservative in line, the blame lies with him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.