Author Topic: Migrant encounters at the US southern border hit all-time high of 269,735 in September, as fiscal ye  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrant encounters at the US southern border hit all-time high of 269,735 in September, as fiscal year finishes with record 2.48M interceptions

By KEITH GRIFFITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 15:22 EDT, 21 October 2023 | UPDATED: 18:44 EDT, 21 October 2023

Enforcement encounters with migrants jumped to an all-time high at the US southern border last month, according to new data released Saturday by US Customs and Border Protection.

CBP's total encounters along the border in September were 269,735, including 218,763 Border Patrol arrests at illegal crossing points, and another 50,972 expulsions at ports of entry.

The record monthly figure brought the total number of migrant encounters for the recently concluded 2023 fiscal year to 2.48 million, up from 2.38 million in 2022, and the highest of any year on record.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12657187/Migrant-encounters-southern-border-record-CBP.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson