Author Topic: On Israel, Progressive Jews Feel Abandoned by Their Left-Wing Allies  (Read 454 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

On Israel, Progressive Jews Feel Abandoned by Their Left-Wing Allies

https://news.yahoo.com/israel-progressive-jews-feel-abandoned-181435591.html

Progressive Jews who have spent years supporting racial equity, gay and transgender rights, abortion rights and other causes on the American left — including opposing Israeli policies in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank — are suddenly feeling abandoned by those who they long thought of as allies. This wartime shift represents a fundamental break within a liberal coalition that has long powered the Democratic Party.

In Los Angeles, Rabbi Sharon Brous, a well-known progressive activist who regularly criticizes the Israeli government, described from the pulpit her horror and feelings of “existential loneliness,” her voice breaking. “The clear message from many in the world, especially from our world — those who claim to care the most about justice and human dignity — is that these Israeli victims somehow deserved this terrible fate.”

In Atlanta, a Jewish mother involved in local politics wrote an open letter lamenting that her child’s progressive private school had not addressed the attacks in Israel with the same kind of empathy it showed after local killings of Asian Americans. “Our people are butchered, and no one speaks to it?” she wrote. “I don’t know if I’m seething or just sad.”

This is from the NYT, so ... . My question is, where have these "Progressive" Jews been the past 10 years or so of the gross anti-Semitism of Ilhan Omar and the Dem Party's lack of meaningful response thereto?! Where have these "Progressive" Jews been the past 20+ years of anti-Semitic crimes being committed by Progs and by Muslims supported by Progs? Where have these "Progressive" Jews been the past 30+ years of the act of an identifiably Jewish man walking alone across many college campus commons areas being unsafe?

I get it, these "Progressive" Jews have "Progressive" political and social views, but what's with the 3 or 4 decades of ignoring day to day realities? Off-topic, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall, listening to these "Progressive" Jews talking about observant orthodox Jews. Their talk probably approached paint-peeling-level disdain.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Re: On Israel, Progressive Jews Feel Abandoned by Their Left-Wing Allies
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 03:52:36 pm »
On Israel, Progressive Jews Feel Abandoned by Their Left-Wing Allies

Isn't it Israel who had been abandoned by Progressive [sic] Jews?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 04:00:20 pm »
Progressive Jews have not been 'abandoned', it is just that people who support them are stupid. And they have a strong tendency to get themselves killed. They haven't abandoned anything. They're all dead.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 04:52:06 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 04:30:47 pm »
Right - while some American Jews have close ties to Israel, our foreign policy is driven by evangelicals and observant Catholics.  The progressive Jews are consumed with their disdain for western civilization.  Maybe some of them are sympathetic to the Israelis, but it's far down their list of priorities.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 04:39:28 pm »
Isn't it Israel who had been abandoned by Progressive [sic] Jews?

It's like stabbing yourself in the jugular and wonder why you are bleeding out.

Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 04:58:46 pm »
Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.
You mean like walking into the most dangerous Black neighborhood in the entire city so you can "help" the Black folks?
But it's OK. I am one of them. I am on your side. I have come to save you from yourself.

Beaten, robbed, in a hospital in minutes. Still claims they only did it because "they just didn't understand" him or his mission.
I think they 'understood' just fine.
He is lucky to be alive.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 08:09:56 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 10:54:04 pm »
"Progressive" Jews in Israel aren't much different from the "secular" Jews in America.

Their REAL religion is marxism/leftism, not Judaism.

"Progressive" has ALWAYS been a code word for something else, for another political philosophy.
What philosophy is that?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 01:26:55 am »
Been trying to convince Jews to not another holocaust as is not in their best interests. 
For the last decade i found few that understood that simple concept, so here we are again.  There current leader does understand that error and refuses to play that game anymore.  Netanyahoo, GO GET 'EM!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions