Author Topic: ‘Just as important as electricity or water': Biden says country will spend $42B to give 'every perso  (Read 264 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

‘Just as important as electricity or water': Biden says country will spend $42B to give 'every person in America' access to the internet by 2030 
Story by Vishesh Raisinghani  •
1d

The definition of “Bidenomics” has expanded to include a new concept: universal internet access.

Over the summer, President Joe Biden announced a new program that aims to deploy $42 billion to get “every person in America” online by 2030.

In his remarks at a White House briefing announcing the program, Biden called access to the internet “just as important as electricity or water.”

The funds will be deployed under the Broadband Equity Access and Deployment (BEAD) program, which was authorized by the Biden administration’s $1 trillion 2021 infrastructure package. Funding will go to all 50 states, with the two most populous states, California and Texas, receiving the largest sums. States with large rural areas that lack connectivity (such as Virginia, Alabama and Louisiana) are also among those set to receive top-level funding.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/just-as-important-as-electricity-or-water-biden-says-country-will-spend-42b-to-give-every-person-in-america-access-to-the-internet-by-2030-3-stocks-to-pounce-on-now/ar-AA1iyGsc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=67dfc3cf7e644b9d9c279660e8f0c4b6&ei=36
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 11:32:49 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What about all the environmental damage it will cause with all those people using more electricity? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson