Author Topic: Far-left pressure in George Floyd case may have influenced trial despite lack of strangulation evide  (Read 1926 times)

Offline DB

What about the failure to render aid when George Floyd passed out of consciousness / non-responsive?

It was the failure to render aid that contributed to the guilty verdict for depraved indifference.

Law enforcement officials have a positive responsibility to keep persons in their custody alive.

They called an ambulance before he was taken out of the police vehicle. What aid exactly do you think they should have rendered???

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Don't understand the shock of this... How many of us have been saying this all along? A few for certain.... I certainly did when it wasn't popular (and still ain't).

Who killed George? George killed George with years of drugs that had damaged his heart (along with time). George fought like crazy, the video of him fighting his way out of the cop car would of killed me (and most of us here). George's resistance to arrest and his fear of going to jail where he would be deprived of his drugs caused him to fight beyond what his body could absorb. The only thing amazing about Floyd's death was just how much fight was left in him.

Like him or not, George died an old fighter's death. Some of us can sympathize with that one aspect... But the leftist had to make a false martyr out of the old criminal and embellish the "going out fighting", just to make a statement that ruined a police officer just doing his job.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DefiantMassRINO

A common thread I see in many alleged police brutality cases is that suspects resist arrest, attempt to evade arrest, and fail to comply.

The way I was brought up ... if you resist arrest, you deserve to get roughed up.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't understand the shock of this... How many of us have been saying this all along? A few for certain.... I certainly did when it wasn't popular (and still ain't).

Who killed George? George killed George with years of drugs that had damaged his heart (along with time). George fought like crazy, the video of him fighting his way out of the cop car would of killed me (and most of us here). George's resistance to arrest and his fear of going to jail where he would be deprived of his drugs caused him to fight beyond what his body could absorb. The only thing amazing about Floyd's death was just how much fight was left in him.

Like him or not, George died an old fighter's death. Some of us can sympathize with that one aspect... But the leftist had to make a false martyr out of the old criminal and embellish the "going out fighting", just to make a statement that ruined a police officer just doing his job.
The Left loves their false martyrs, from 'St.' Trayvon to 'hands up don't shoot' and others, all an excuse to riot and loot. That love might pale if looters were shot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

What about the failure to render aid when George Floyd passed out of consciousness / non-responsive?

TRUE. But Failure to Render Aid is *not* 2nd degree murder.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

It was the failure to render aid that contributed to the guilty verdict for depraved indifference.

Law enforcement officials have a positive responsibility to keep persons in their custody alive.

Seems you are right that "Failed to Render Aid" swayed the jury. My limited understanding is police officers can get into trouble doing something that might be conceived as hurting more than helping. It certainly isn't what police are trained for as far as I know, they might as well become nurses and such and get a pay raise in the process.

I am not sure how accurate "keep them alive under their custody" would be.... I would figure it is more "don't beat them once in handcuffs and on the wagon"... but I don't know. I watched a video the other day of a guy being interrogated in a room by police and saying he didn't feel good and thought he was shot... come to find out, he was shot in the eye. How do you miss that, well they ain't doctors.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

My sister is an attorney and she has said she agrees that there's plenty of ammo for an appeal. For one, Mad Max Waters demanding a guilty  verdict or promising more confrontation if they don't get it

The problem is finding a lawyer in that political climate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have absolutely zero faith in our "justice" system at present.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have absolutely zero faith in our "justice" system at present.
I haven't had since I was found guilty on a exhibition driving charge in a car that couldn't squeal tires going up hill on patch ice--decades ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
My sister is an attorney and she has said she agrees that there's plenty of ammo for an appeal. For one, Mad Max Waters demanding a guilty  verdict or promising more confrontation if they don't get it

The problem is finding a lawyer in that political climate

Oh, I’m sure the ACLU is looking into the case as we speak.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell