Author Topic: The Pope Has Gone Full Greta Thunberg  (Read 523 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Pope Has Gone Full Greta Thunberg
« on: October 06, 2023, 12:24:15 pm »
WRITTEN BY ROSS CLARK ON OCT 5, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Pope Has Gone Full Greta Thunberg

At last, the Pope is being taken seriously when he warns of moral degeneracy – well, sort of.

When Popes have tried to preach to us about abortion, promiscuity, materialism, drugs, and selfish lifestyles, they have widely been treated as old fools or bigoted moralists who want to stop us from having fun and being who we are. [emphasis, links added]

But how miraculous the transformation among enlightened opinion now Pope Francis has issued an exhortation on climate change, warning us that ‘irresponsible’ Western lifestyles are ruining the planet.

The Pope has gone full Greta.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-pope-has-gone-full-greta-thunberg/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Pope Has Gone Full Greta Thunberg
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 01:56:29 pm »
The Vatican’s New Exhortation On ‘Climate Change’ Has Many Errors
By Marc Morano
October 5, 2023
12:33 pm
https://wmbriggs.substack.com/p/the-vaticans-new-exhortation-on-climate

By Dr. WILLIAM M BRIGGS
The Vatican issued a new Apostolic Exhortation, given in the name of Pope Francis, entitled Laudate Deum.

The document is addressed “To all people of good will on the climate crisis.”

There is no “climate crisis.” It does not exist. It is not so. I (and many others) have spent years and years documenting an enormous number of arguments showing there is no “climate crisis” (a small handful here). Whoever wrote this exhortation has based it on a false premise. And, as Aristotle taught us, from a false premise come the greatest errors.

Like this error: “the world in which we live is collapsing and may be nearing the breaking point.” Passing by the needlessly frightening “breaking point”, we note that this sentence is not so. The world is not collapsing, not due to “climate change” anyway. The West is collapsing, it is true, but in part because of unnecessary hersteria (effeminate hysteria) over “climate change”.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/10/05/the-vaticans-new-exhortation-on-climate-change-has-many-errors/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 01:20:12 pm »
Pope Francis rebukes ‘irresponsible’ USA on climate change compared to China, says world’s at ‘breaking point’
By Marc Morano
October 4, 2023
4:55 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/world/pope-francis-rebukes-irresponsible-us-climate-change-compared-china-says-worlds-breaking-point

By Danielle Wallace Fox News

Pope Francis issued a new call for climate change action on Wednesday, when he slammed the United Stated in particular as “irresponsible” on emissions compared to China.

“The world in which we live is collapsing and may be nearing the breaking point,” the pope wrote in the 12-page “Laudate Deum,” which means “Praise God” in Latin.

“If we consider that emissions per individual in the United States are about two times greater than those of individuals living in China, and about seven times greater than the average of the poorest countries, we can state that a broad change in the irresponsible lifestyle connected with the Western model would have a significant long-term impact,” he wrote.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/10/04/pope-francis-rebukes-irresponsible-usa-on-climate-change-compared-to-china-says-worlds-at-breaking-point/
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 01:26:37 pm »
Merged Pope Francis/climate change threads

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 01:16:11 pm »
Greta Thunberg has gone full AOC/Tlaib. In a post since deleted, she tweeted that she's striking in support of Hamas.

https://twitter.com/DumisaniTemsgen/status/1715299111430205826
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 01:34:33 pm »
The Pope has become a Luddite. The simple reason American have more emission per-capita than China or third world counties is because America is the modern world. Third World countries and China still live as Americans did in the 1800s. They do not emit as much because the energy simply does not exist for them to emit anything.

According to the radical far-Left Communist Pope if America would give up living in the 21st century, God will be happy and everything wrong with the world would all suddenly be set right.

(this Pope is insane)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 02:13:30 pm »
 ////00000////

Pope Greta can get his weekly collection money from Chi-com Catholics.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 04:17:11 pm »
Week 270. Today we strike in solidarity with Palestine and Gaza. The world needs to speak up and call for an immediate ceasefire, justice and freedom for Palestinians and all civilians affected.

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1715355502337499332
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 12:45:23 am »
The Pope has become a Luddite. The simple reason American have more emission per-capita than China or third world counties is because America is the modern world. Third World countries and China still live as Americans did in the 1800s. They do not emit as much because the energy simply does not exist for them to emit anything.

According to the radical far-Left Communist Pope if America would give up living in the 21st century, God will be happy and everything wrong with the world would all suddenly be set right.

(this Pope is insane)

America,maybe,but not the Pope. No way in hell is he/she/whatever going to give up one single damn  thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 03:18:53 am »
I have said before, if he was a real Pope, Biden would have burst into flame instead of just sh*t his pants.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis