Author Topic: Newsom takes his backup presidential campaign to Israel [and China]  (Read 1474 times)

Offline mountaineer

Newsom takes his backup presidential campaign to Israel
by Zachary Faria, Commentary Writer
October 20, 2023 02:28 PM
Washington Examiner
Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA) is visiting Israel en route to China even though no one really asked him to. So what is the point, exactly?

According to a Newsom spokeswoman, “The Governor adjusted his planned international trip and will briefly visit Israel ahead of going to China. While in Israel, the Governor will meet with those impacted by the violence.” Newsom himself said after Hamas terrorists slaughtered over 1,400 civilians in Israel, “I stand with Israel and its people in denouncing this horrific act of terrorism.”

That sentiment is appreciated, but what the point of a Newsom visit to Israel is isn’t immediately clear. Newsom said he would be “offering California’s support,” which, again, is great, but it is also something he could do from California. (Newsom’s office said California will also be supplying aid to Gaza, which will almost immediately be confiscated by Hamas, for whatever that is worth.) And this trip was a detour on his planned trip to China to talk about climate change, itself a bizarre trip for some random governor.

No one asked Newsom to go to Israel, nor did anyone ask him to go to China thinking he could magically make the Chinese Communist Party care about the climate. That leaves two potential explanations. The first is that Newsom and his inflated ego think he should be front and center in every issue not just in the U.S. but globally. The second is that his trip to Israel and his trip to China are a cynical presidential election play for Newsom as he undoubtedly prepares to run in 2028 (or even 2024, with President Joe Biden’s age and cratering poll numbers).

Despite Newsom’s insistence that he is not running for president (yet), all his decisions must be viewed through that lens.  ...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 01:29:28 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Newsom takes his backup presidential campaign to Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 09:21:01 pm »
His search for the perfect hair gel starts with international countries.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 10:12:06 pm »
I just wonder how much hair goop he has to take with him on these trips. Does it surpass that 100 ml carry-on limit?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 02:32:26 am »
I just wonder how much hair goop he has to take with him on these trips. Does it surpass that 100 ml carry-on limit?

Maybe he just wears it all on his head at the same time
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 02:59:12 am »
Nah, I think Noisome is a petroleum Jelly kind a kind of guy.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 01:51:04 pm »
Nah, I think Noisome is a petroleum Jelly kind a kind of guy.

Clearly lacking in "experience".

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 03:11:25 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 06:05:56 pm »

Everyone knows that for that sharp look and non greasy hair 'Just a little dab will do ya'!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2023, 06:49:22 pm »
Everyone knows that for that sharp look and non greasy hair 'Just a little dab will do ya'!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 08:51:25 pm »

I have seen Gabbin and he looks more like a Dippity Do kinda boy.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 10:13:39 pm »
I have seen Gabbin and he looks more like a Dippity Do kinda boy.
As a Californian I have always considered him an eat shit kind of guy, someone a step below a dung beetle. Personally I don't think he applies any outside substance to his hair, what everyone sees is just the natural ooze of inner slime making it's way to the surface. it's hard to believe that he is only related to Pelosi by marriage because the two are so much alike.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2023, 12:09:16 am »
Does Gavin Newsom have any history of making statements against Israel?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2023, 02:11:29 pm »
After Israel, Gov. Brylcreem went on to China.

Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker
It's amazing that Democrats can smile and gladhand with this Communist genocidal tyrant.  Xi Jinping isn't a pariah to them, he's their hero
10:09 AM · Oct 25, 2023

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1717180637591863633

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2023, 08:14:27 pm »
Gavin Newsom Visits Xi Jinping To Get More Ideas On How To Run California
World · Oct 25, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

BEIJING — California Governor Gavin Newsom went to China to meet with the head of the totalitarian Communist regime after reportedly feeling "burned out" with his latest efforts to oppress Californians.

"I just feel like I'm running on empty, like I have no good ideas left," Gavin reportedly told President Xi Jinping. "Closing churches. Masks. Streets riddled with decay and filth. I feel like I've done it all. That's why I've come to sit before you -- the Mr. Miyagi of authoritarian governing."

"You still have much to learn, Newsom-son," said President Xi to the blubbering governor. "There are still many more ways to mess with people before throwing them in jail. You can develop an internet firewall for your state to keep out unapproved opinions, you can outlaw opposing parties, and you can put lots of giant pictures of yourself in every building in the state! Anyone fights back, straight to jail. Oh, and if people make memes about you resembling a cartoon character, right to jail!" shouted the Pooh Bear-shaped dictator.  ...
Babylon Bee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2023, 10:34:29 pm »
What a clown. Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom spent his day doing pathetic, embarrassing photo ops in communist China.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1717306823487725778

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2023, 11:13:25 pm »
I watched his presser on the Red Chinese Carpet. The Brycreem boy seems to think California is its own country and wants to open up trade relationships with XI kung Pow.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2023, 04:17:02 am »
Rep. Mike Collins
@RepMikeCollins

A Democrat and a communist, but I repeat myself.

9:11 AM · Oct 25, 2023

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2023, 12:44:38 pm »
Gavin Newsom Visits Xi Jinping To Get More Ideas On How To Run California
World · Oct 25, 2023 · BabylonBee.com

BEIJING — California Governor Gavin Newsom went to China to meet with the head of the totalitarian Communist regime after reportedly feeling "burned out" with his latest efforts to oppress Californians.

"I just feel like I'm running on empty, like I have no good ideas left," Gavin reportedly told President Xi Jinping. "Closing churches. Masks. Streets riddled with decay and filth. I feel like I've done it all. That's why I've come to sit before you -- the Mr. Miyagi of authoritarian governing."

"You still have much to learn, Newsom-son," said President Xi to the blubbering governor. "There are still many more ways to mess with people before throwing them in jail. You can develop an internet firewall for your state to keep out unapproved opinions, you can outlaw opposing parties, and you can put lots of giant pictures of yourself in every building in the state! Anyone fights back, straight to jail. Oh, and if people make memes about you resembling a cartoon character, right to jail!" shouted the Pooh Bear-shaped dictator.  ...
Babylon Bee

Lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

Re: Newsom takes his backup presidential campaign to Israel [and China]
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2023, 04:06:48 pm »
Thomas Hawk
@thomashawk
When you're high on fentanyl you get something called the nods.  Effectively you are able to stand in the full upright position, like this guy today in the middle of Market street, and just bend your neck at almost a full 90 degree angle.  You're still conscious but almost in a zombie like trance state.

This is also called public intoxication (which is illegal).  This kid needs help.  He needs to be in treatment.  He needs to be back with his family.  Rather than get him the help that he needs though, the city of San Francisco (in the almighty name of "body autonomy") will just allow him to keep doing drugs out on the street until he eventually overdoses and dies. 

This is somebody's son, somebody's brother, somebody's grandchild, maybe even somebody's father.  When these addicts overdose and die they leave a huge hole in the families of those that they leave behind.  I know, heroin took my younger brother's life.

Compassion is getting this kid into treatment even if he doesn't want to go to treatment.  Compassion is getting this kid off the hellscape of drugs that is the streets of San Francisco.  If he stays on the streets of San Francisco there is very little hope.  It's just a matter of time.

They mix something called xylazine aka tranq, (it's an animal tranquilizer) in with the fentanyl that they sell out on the streets of San Francisco these days.  Tranq is horrible.  It causes your hands and feet to literally rot off your body.  A lot of addicts have to have amputations after doing too much fentanyl/tranq.

The thing is, this kid has a chance still.  San Francisco could arrest him for public intoxication and then give him a bus ticket back to his family or put him in mandatory treatment.  But the hard left body autonomy crowd is anything but compassionate -- and unfortunately we don't have the political courage to help this kid in San Francisco. 

Instead we make excuses and listen to all the drug apologists and do nothing and more and more and more people die every single day.

Meanwhile our governor @GavinNewsom is off in China (where 90% of our fentanyl comes from -- either directly or through the cartel on the southern border) getting his "warm welcome" from their leader Chairman Xi who is poisoning our youth while they are buddying  it up together. 

Shameful.

8:19 PM · Oct 26, 2023

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2023, 04:34:11 pm »
Chinese Communist Party supports Iran which supports Hamas.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 06:03:16 pm »
The Mocking of Gavin Newsom's Glamour Shot at China's Great Wall Is Something to Behold
By Jennifer Van Laar | 11:57 AM on October 28, 2023
California Governor Gavin Newsom's been in China this week, mugging with Xi Jinping, signing meaningless climate accords with the CCP, test driving fake Tesla trucks made by a blacklisted Chinese manufacturer. What better way to memorialize the trip than to have a Zoolander-style photoshoot at the Great Wall? ...

I could tell that Newsom was having fun posing for the cameras and rolled my eyes, hoping he had the self-awareness to not actually send out a photo from the Great Wall (given his dictatorial bent), but that hope was in vain. Within hours, his office sent out a still to their press list. Politico's Christopher Cadelago posted the still:

... Overall, though, the optics of the trip aren't what Newsom would have liked. As South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem commented:
Kristi Noem
@KristiNoem
Pictured here is a man who promoted lockdowns, routinely strips individual Freedoms from his citizens, and has little regard for the free market. Also pictured is Xi Jinping.
More mockery at RedState

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 05:19:23 pm »
He sure is spending a lot of time there. Briefings? Marching orders?

California Democrat Gov. Gavin Newsom plows through a small child during a game of basketball in communist China

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1718661462934122912

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2023, 06:11:51 pm »
Why the hell is he still in China? 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2023, 01:20:33 pm »
How Gavin Newsom Became China’s Useful Idiot
The CCP enlists foreigners like Newsom to aid in spreading its propaganda overseas and influencing American policies toward China.
By: Helen Raleigh
October 30, 2023
The Federalist
California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom traveled to China last week to seek climate cooperation from Beijing. His trip not only wastes taxpayers’ money but also provides the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) with an opportunity to blast out its propaganda.

It is an open secret that Newsom is eying to run for the presidency of the United States, and he sought to raise his national and international profile through overseas trips like this. China, on the other hand, regards Newsom’s visit as an opportunity to blast CCP propaganda and push its influence on America’s China policies.

The CCP rolled out the red carpet for him because it knows how to stroke the ego of a politician like Newsom. It filled Newsom’s itinerary in China with touring an electric vehicle facility and a wind facility, many meetings, and photo-ops with high-level CCP officials, and most importantly, an audience with China’s dictator, Xi Jinping, who addressed Newsom as an “old friend.”

Mary Kissel, a senior adviser to former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, pointed out on X.com that what China did was a typical tactic to “flatter foreign visitors & shower them with praise & attention.” Through cultivating relationships with prominent foreigners, the CCP aims to enlist these foreigners to spread its preferred narratives overseas and influence policies in foreign countries without having to deploy party representatives.

Kissel warns, “A Leninist regime like Xi’s has no interest in ‘cooperation,’ no matter how many times they say it. Wake up.” A good example is that China pays only lip service to climate change, even though China is still the world’s biggest polluter and its leadership has no intention to curtail its coal-dependent economy, even after signing the Paris Climate Agreement.  ...
Read entire article at The Federalist

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2023, 01:37:53 pm »
Why the hell is he still in China?

He thinks he's Nixon?