Author Topic: DeSantis rips ‘politically correct’ Haley, refuses to ‘import’ Gazan refugees taught to ‘hate Jews’  (Read 852 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Not only their hatred for Jews but Christians and Americans in general.  Egypt is refusing to take them - why oh why should we?  Refugees are granted asylum.  Those granted asylum can eventually vote.

DeSantis rips ‘politically correct’ Haley, refuses to ‘import’ Gazan refugees taught to ‘hate Jews’

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis tore into 2024 GOP rival Nikki Haley for "trying to be politically correct" amid the war in Israel, insisting he would not "import" Gazan refugees taught to "hate Jews."

Speaking to NBC News Now, DeSantis responded to Haley’s comments on CNN over the weekend when the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said, "There are so many of these people who want to be free from this terrorist rule. They want to be free from all of that. And America's always been sympathetic to the fact that you can separate civilians from terrorists. And that's what we have to do."

"But right now, we can never take our eyes off of the terrorists. I mean, what Hamas did was beyond thuggish, brutal and sick. What the Iranian regime is doing to help them is terrible," Haley added.

"Nikki Haley would import people – that’s been her position. I get that," DeSantis said of the prospect of bringing Palestinian refugees from Gaza to the United States. "I would not import."

"But you also have to speak the truth, and the truth is in Gaza, it’s a dysfunctional toxic society in part because they teach young people to hate Jews. That is endemic to their culture," DeSantis continued. "It doesn’t mean that they’re all members of Hamas, but what it does mean is that’s not something you want to import into the United States." ....................'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-rips-politically-correct-haley-refuses-import-gazan-refugees-taught-hate-jews

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
DeSantis couldn’t be more right on this.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
DeSantis couldn’t be more right on this.

He absolutely is!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've been thinking about where the palis could be sent.
All 2.5 (or thereabouts) million of them.

Send them to...
... Somalia.

Somalia still lacks much of a working government, right?
That means no way to really oppose such a human transfer.
There are warring factions -- it will give the palis something to really fight against.

The country is probably big enough to accommodate a population increase of that size.

There is one certainty:
So long as they remain in the Gaza strip, there will never be peace with Israel.
The Israelis can beat them down this time (and they won't do NEARLY as much of a "beatdown" as the palis should receive), and they'll be back in jihadi mode as soon as they can accumulate enough strength.

The only road to "peace" for Israel... is to put the palis on "a road outta there".

Offline LMAO

Great idea Haley

Let’s import people who’ve been taught  from childhood to hate America
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

I will fight for Gov DeSantis until it is no longer mathematically possible for him to win the nomination, just as I did Sen Cruz in 16. Then I won't vote for Trump in the General, but if he was depending on my vote to win Texas's 38 EV, he was $hit out of luck anyway. 
   It wouldn't surprise me that Trump turned Texas purple. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I have like DeSantis but only marginally as he has stood up on a few issues important to me. I don't really know him well enough to fully trust and issues like covid he only shined later on in the issue. I don't see him as Cruz sharp, but few are, I do see him as resilient to deviate from conservative stances which I like. He seems to have solid stubborn roots (unlike Trump).

But... DeSantis is shooting the bullseye out here.... and it is another important issue that proves he will not PC out on us.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 06:16:55 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I have like DeSantis but only marginally as he has stood up on a few issues important to me. I don't really know him well enough to fully trust and issues like covid he only shined later on in the issue. I don't see him as Cruz sharp, but few are....

Dershowitz said Cruz was the brightest student he ever taught at Harvard Law, so that's true. But, DeSantis was a middle class white kid with no personal, donor, etc., ties to Harvard, and earned his way in, so he's plenty wicked smart.

I do see him as resilient to deviate from conservative stances which I like. He seems to have solid stubborn roots (unlike Trump).

But... DeSantis is shooting the bullseye out here.... and it is another important issue that proves he will not PC out on us.

Agree completely.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
He needs to ignore this wench.  No decent conservative should vote for the Lady Nikki Bitch Duchess of Wokeness.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Dershowitz said Cruz was the brightest student he ever taught at Harvard Law, so that's true. But, DeSantis was a middle class white kid with no personal, donor, etc., ties to Harvard, and earned his way in, so he's plenty wicked smart.

Cruz' political standing would still be much higher than it is now, if the Orange turd hadn't unleashed his Stone/Pecker Slime Machine Team in '16.

That same playbook is being used very effectively on DeSantis the past year.

I hope Tumpy burns in hell.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Cruz' political standing would still be much higher than it is now, if the Orange turd hadn't unleashed his Stone/Pecker Slime Machine Team in '16.

That same playbook is being used very effectively on DeSantis the past year.

I hope Tumpy burns in hell.

LOL!  I feel the same way about Altuve!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

lol... Wasn't that last game winning homer awesome? 

:beer:

Offline corbe

Altuve is a Christian. I don't think he'll be seeing Trump where he's going @DCPatriot
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

lol... Wasn't that last game winning homer awesome? 

:beer:

!#&!*%$@ !!!    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald