Author Topic: ‘Bad News For Republicans’: GOP’s Third Quarter Campaign Fundraising Lags Behind Dems In Key House R  (Read 536 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Bad News For Republicans’: GOP’s Third Quarter Campaign Fundraising Lags Behind Dems In Key House Races

Robert Schmad
Contributor
October 19, 2023 8:19 PM ET

Republican campaigns were outraised by Democrats in a number of key House races during the third quarter of 2023.
    Across the 24 races rated as toss ups by Cook Political Report, Democratic campaigns raised a total of $12,864,513, with Republicans only pulling in $8,941,076.
    “Most of the current toss-up races in 2024 are defended by Republican incumbents, so ordinarily, I’d expect Republicans to be out-raising Democrats, even in a bad year for Republican incumbents,” an University of Missouri economics professor told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Democrats outraised their Republicans opponents in toss up races during the third quarter as control of the House in 2024 remains uncertain, according to a Daily Caller News Foundation analysis of campaign finance reports.

Across the 24 seats Cook Political Report rated as toss ups, meaning that “either party has a good chance of winning,” Democratic campaigns outraised Republican campaigns in 14 of them between July 1 and Sept. 30. Democrats took in a total of $12,864,513 compared to just $8,941,076 among Republicans contesting the same seats.

“That’s bad news for Republicans,” Jeffery Milyo, a professor of economics at the University of Missouri, told the DCNF. “Most of the current toss-up races in 2024 are defended by Republican incumbents, so ordinarily, I’d expect Republicans to be out-raising Democrats, even in a bad year for Republican incumbents … but if Democratic challengers are outraising Republican incumbents, that is very bad news for the prospects of Republican incumbents in toss-up districts,” he went on.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/10/19/bad-news-for-republicans-gops-third-quarter-campaign-fundraising-lags-behind-dems-in-key-house-races/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

It's a shame that $$$ decides the political outcome and future of our nation.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When your opposition is funneling foreign money thru Act Blue, it's hard to win the money game.

Not to mention the kickback from all the drunken sailor spending.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why would any sane person want to contribute their money to fund failure and incompetence in the GOP House?

GOP has WINRED as their small donations aggregator.

GOP megadonors launder their donations through layered PACs, SuperPACs, Foundations, Institutes, and LLC's.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 02:28:15 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The death rattles of the establishment GOP begin.

Offline LMAO

Why would any sane person want to contribute their money to fund failure and incompetence in the GOP House?

We are probably going to lose the HOR next year. Or, at the very least, have an already narrow margin majority reduced. Lauren Boebert won’t be going back after next year.

So Democrats will probably take the HOR and the presidency. The hope for the GOP is in state races, and the senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

It may swing the presidential election.  Trump will have little to spend, and the dems will smack him with $2 billion.  Seems entirely avoidable, but trumpers don’t think that far ahead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele laments:
"It's a shame that $$$ decides the political outcome and future of our nation"

I don't watch political ads.
Not even the ones "for our side".
I keep the sound turned OFF when I'm not watching tv.
(of course, the ONLY tv I watch is Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune).

Tell me honestly...
Who here actually pays any attention to political ads?
If so... why?

Online Hoodat

It's a shame that government $$$ decides the political outcome and future of our nation, and that Republicans in Congress are too stupid to recognize it.  Think of the tens of millions of dollars of Covid money that Biden will be handing out between August and November of next year.  And to think that McCarthy's and McConnell's Republicans had a golden opportunity to block it, but chose to punt instead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

It's a shame that government $$$ decides the political outcome and future of our nation, and that Republicans in Congress are too stupid to recognize it.  Think of the tens of millions of dollars of Covid money that Biden will be handing out between August and November of next year.  And to think that McCarthy's and McConnell's Republicans had a golden opportunity to block it, but chose to punt instead.

McConnell and McCarthy -  two peas in a pod. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,the RNC donations come from Americans who are interested in preserving America.

The big DNC donations come from uber-wealthy Americans like Bill Gates,as well as foreign govenrments and foreign banks.

Yeah,the illegal aliens the DNC has been importing into the US will be reliable Dim voters,but they have no real money to donate,and wouldn't donate any if they had it. What THEY care about is living the easy life in America.

Sadly,America seems to be bordering on being for sale to the highest bidder,providing of course that the highest bidder is a "One World Globalist".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

It may swing the presidential election.  Trump will have little to spend, and the dems will smack him with $2 billion.  Seems entirely avoidable, but trumpers don’t think that far ahead.

And it may also swing House races

Our luck may improve in the Senate simply because the Democrats have more seats to defend in 2024 than the GOP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy