Author Topic: If Only Republicans Fought Democrats As Much As They Did Their Own Voters  (Read 656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Only Republicans Fought Dems As Much As They Did Their Own Voters
Shawn Fleetwood

The House of Representatives’ bid to elect a new speaker ended in another stalemate on Wednesday after 22 Republicans voted against front-runner Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Wednesday’s vote marks the second in which enough Republicans defected to kneecap Jordan’s speakership bid. On Tuesday, 20 GOPers — including Reps. Ken Buck of Colorado, Don Bacon of Nebraska, and Jen Kiggans of Virginia — voted for House members other than Jordan. These members and many others also voted against Jordan in Wednesday’s vote.

As The Daily Caller reported, Jordan needs at least 217 votes to become speaker. Meanwhile, Democrats are casting their votes for House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries.

While the speaker’s gavel remains up for grabs, some moderate Republicans are reportedly floating the idea of colluding with Democrats to pass a resolution expanding the powers of the chamber’s interim speaker. According to Fox News, the effort is being spearheaded by Rep. Dave Joyce, R-Ohio, and has gained support from other establishment Republicans, such as Rep. Carlos Gimenez of Florida, and Rep. Nick LaLota of New York.

Gimenez and LaLota are among the nearly two dozen Republicans to vote against Jordan’s speakership bid.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/10/19/if-only-republicans-fought-democrats-as-much-as-they-did-their-own-voters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The idiocy in American politics is NOT limited to the Democommie Party, but includes the invertebrates of the Republican Party.

I believe all in Washington need to be purged and replaced with people that represent the electorate!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Only Republicans Fought Dems As Much As They Did Their Own Voters

:yowsa: That would be revolutionary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've been saying this for decades.  In my heavily Republican County, the GOP leadership has declared open war on Conservative Precinct Committeemen.

Look, I tried.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The idiocy in American politics is NOT limited to the Democommie Party, but includes the invertebrates of the Republican Party.

I believe all in Washington need to be purged and replaced with people that represent the electorate!

The electorate includes huge numbers of people that don't think like you.  Or like me.

Funny thing is that if you listen to the left, they often say the exact same thing about representatives not listening to "the People".  It's just that your idea of "the People" and their idea of "the People" are vastly different.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:01:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

And so I return to my perennial theme:

THROW THE BASTARDS OUT!!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I posted this elsewhere, but it's worth repeating:

This is "Whig-level" behavior.

The Pubbie/whigs have shown that even as a majority, they're unable to pick up the reins of power and move the wagon forward.

The Republicans are approaching the point where they no longer can function as a "national" party. In some states, they're still effective. Florida is an example.
But as a force on the national level, they could be all-but finished.

If things keep going for the Pubbies as they are now, they have perhaps 10-15 years left.
If that long.
After that, in Congress they'll become a bunch of "nowhere men".

What will replace them?
Perhaps something new that arises from the "MAGA movement"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What,and take a chance on losing THEIR  "cut" of the kickbacks and  other booty?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The Republican voters are just as bad as the people they send to DC. After all, isn't it a majority that is supporting a guy who sold us out to Fauci and Birx? After all that... they still won't throw him in Lake Okeechobee?

The vast majority of the whole country is corrupt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Republican voters are just as bad as the people they send to DC. After all, isn't it a majority that is supporting a guy who sold us out to Fauci and Birx? After all that... they still won't throw him in Lake Okeechobee?

@jmyrlefuller

Says the loon  that wants to vote for Santa if the babbling fool he now supports offs himself in frustration while looking for a "keeper personality".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: If Only Republicans Fought Democrats As Much As They Did Their Own Voters
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 04:01:00 am »

@jmyrlefuller

It's the worst form of government except all others.

Can't let it absorb your life and get you down.  Figuring out how to live together politically is necessary but ugly.

Offline roamer_1

Re: If Only Republicans Fought Democrats As Much As They Did Their Own Voters
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 04:33:58 am »
@jmyrlefuller

It's the worst form of government except all others.

Can't let it absorb your life and get you down.  Figuring out how to live together politically is necessary but ugly.

... Until it's not. Republics collapse from decadence... And ours is approaching its end if we don't turn it around. That's gonna take some serious and painful changes. And Republicans ain't got the stones to do it. Goes along gets along is no remedy.