Author Topic: MATT RIDLEY: The official true cost of net zero is the same as spending £1 a SECOND for the next 31,  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MATT RIDLEY: The official true cost of net zero is the same as spending £1 a SECOND for the next 31,000 years!
OCTOBER 19, 2023

By Paul Homewood

The truth is out. An official report has admitted for the first time the scale of the cost of reaching net zero by 2050.

A study by the National Infrastructure Commission, released on Tuesday, concluded that hitting the 2050 target will roughly double the amount of money we would have spent anyway on infrastructure over the next 27 years to £2 trillion: an additional £1 trillion spent on the green agenda.

For a word that skips off the tongue so easily, a trillion is mighty big. Imagine you were to spend a pound a second: how long would it take you to spend £1 trillion? The answer is more than 31,000 years.

So to have spent a trillion pounds by today at the rate of £1 a second, you would have to have started when woolly mammoths roamed free.

Most of that trillion will go on replacing petrol cars with electric ones and gas boilers with electric heat pumps, and on generating, transmitting and distributing the extra electricity needed for these two uses. It also includes a host of other capital projects, including better household insulation. With all that electric demand, we would need extra power stations, extra pylons and upgrades of household electrical circuits. And we would need subsidies for installing the heat pumps and buying electric vehicles.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/10/19/matt-ridley-the-official-true-cost-of-net-zero-is-the-same-as-spending-1-a-second-for-the-next-31000-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson