Author Topic: White House calls on House GOP to join Biden ‘at the adults table’  (Read 277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House calls on House GOP to join Biden ‘at the adults table’
by Brett Samuels - 10/19/23 11:45 AM ET

The White House took aim Thursday at House Republicans’ ongoing struggle to elect a Speaker, calling on the party to “get their act together.”

Andrew Bates, a deputy press secretary, contrasted the House GOP’s infighting that has stalled the chamber with President Biden’s focus on various issues in the wake of a wartime trip to Israel to show support for the U.S. ally.

The Biden spokesman credited the president with “leading and standing up for our national security interests on the world stage” while House Republicans “continue their downward spiral into chaos and away from governing.”

“The House GOP’s backbiting and competition to out-extreme each other is also surfacing hardline positions that the American people have solidly rejected again and again,” Bates said in a memo distributed to reporters. “Including dangerous conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, radical abortion bans, and cuts to Medicare and Social Security.”

Bates cited a Speaker candidate forum last week in which neither Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) nor Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) would outright say Biden won the 2020 presidential election legitimately.

He also highlighted an introduction of Jordan as a Speaker nominee this week in which Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) cited Jordan’s willingness to reform programs like Medicare and Social Security to rein in the national debt.

“As President Biden acts to make America more secure, grow our economy for the middle class, and protect our freedoms, House Republicans are falling over one another to find out who can be the most erratic and out of step with the priorities of working families,” Bates said. “They need to get their act together and join this president at the adults table.”

The White House has largely stayed out of the chaos that has engulfed the House since Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) was ousted as Speaker, arguing it is up to members to determine the path forward.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4264781-white-house-biden-gop-adults-table/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: White House calls on House GOP to join Biden ‘at the adults table’
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 05:34:09 pm »
Are soft foods and thickened liquids served at this adult table?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 05:47:35 pm »
FOAD White House!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 09:33:05 pm »
Do they make an adult sized high chair?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.