Author Topic: Member of Iranian Influence Network To Keep Security Clearance After Pentagon Review  (Read 179 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Member of Iranian Influence Network To Keep Security Clearance After Pentagon Review
Ariane Tabatabai reportedly a member of the Iran Experts Initiative

Adam Kredo
October 18, 2023

A senior Pentagon official who was recently outed as an alleged member of an Iranian government-run influence operation will keep her top secret security access following an internal review, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Ariane Tabatabai, a senior official in the Defense Department’s special operations office, was identified last month by Semafor as a member of the Iran Experts Initiative, an Iranian government propaganda network run by Tehran’s foreign ministry and tasked with advancing the Islamic Republic’s interests among policymakers in Washington, D.C.

Tabatabai’s alleged membership in the organization drew concerns among Republican lawmakers, who demanded her security clearance be pulled pending a review into her possible ties to the Iranian government, which helped orchestrate the Hamas terror group’s most recent strike on Israel. The Pentagon now says that after an internal review, Tabatabai is cleared to keep her top secret access.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/member-of-iranian-influence-network-to-keep-security-clearance-after-pentagon-review/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson