Author Topic: House dysfunction could spell doom for vulnerable Republicans and GOP majority  (Read 364 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House dysfunction could spell doom for vulnerable Republicans and GOP majority
by Julia Johnson, Politics Reporter
October 15, 2023 07:00 AM

With the 2024 elections inching closer, disagreement within the House Republican conference on a speaker threatens to put several members representing swing districts at risk, further endangering their already slim majority over Democrats.

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was historically ousted from his post earlier this month as eight Republican detractors voted with House Democrats in favor of a motion to vacate. Now, Republicans are struggling to put forward a speaker nominee who can gain enough support from the conference to get elected.

And as internal frustrations heat up among Republicans, House Democrats have presented a united front, prepared to put all their votes behind Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY).

"I think it will definitely hurt the Republican Party in general and specifically the swing districts because it shows government's not working and it's the Republicans' fault," GOP strategist Susan Del Percio said.

According to fellow Republican strategist Ron Bonjean, "The fact that the House floor has been shut down for two weeks without progress on selecting a new speaker does not help Republicans keep the majority."

"They need to solve this national crisis as quickly as possible and start putting points on the board again for the American people in order to prove they deserve to control the House," he advised.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/speaker-dysfunction-doom-vulnerable-republicans-gop-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

The House appears to be already doomed next year for the GOP

The hope is the Senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot with the guaranteed result of NO MAJORITY next year.  And we already know the POTUS election will be fixed as it was in 2024.

The republic is gone, we just need to situation where 90% of us are starved to death!!!

Online LMAO

And we already know the POTUS election will be fixed as it was in 2024.

So if the elections don't go your way next year that means they are fixed? There isn't an alternative reason that enters into the equation?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Then quit dysfunctioning and vote for Jim Jordan.

Don't cry about the problems you cause for yourself.
The Republic is lost.