Author Topic: US troops stationed overseas face cuts to cost-of-living allowance amid soaring inflation  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US troops stationed overseas face cuts to cost-of-living allowance amid soaring inflation
Over 230,000 troops receive the overseas allowance set to be cut
By Michael Lee Fox News
Published October 18, 2023 11:39am EDT

Gen. Frank McKenzie on what be ready to deploy for US troops means in Israel-Hamas war
Ret. Gen. Frank McKenzie offers insight into a second aircraft carrier heading to the Middle East and how U.S. troops are preparing to potentially deploy on Your World.

Service members at some of the most expensive duty assignments are set to receive a cut in a monthly allowance designed to offset high costs of living.

The Defense Department will make a second round of cuts to troops' overseas cost-of-living allowances (OCOLA) next month, with the final cut coming on Nov. 15 and effecting members' Dec. 1 paychecks, according to a report from Military.com

The final cuts come after nearly a year of delay, with lawmakers passing a restriction into last year's National Defense Authorization Act that limited decreases in the allowance to once every six months. The Defense Department announced the first cut to the OCOLA rates in May, with the final cuts now set to come next month.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-troops-stationed-overseas-face-cuts-cost-living-allowance-soaring-inflation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I would expect illegals to get a raise in their welfare to offset the inflation, however. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson