Author Topic: USS Mount Whitney heading to Eastern Mediterranean  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USS Mount Whitney heading to Eastern Mediterranean
« on: October 19, 2023, 02:44:17 pm »
USS Mount Whitney heading to Eastern Mediterranean
Diana Correll
Wed, October 18, 2023 at 4:17 PM EDT·2 min read

The U.S. 6th Fleet command-and-control ship Mount Whitney is heading to the Eastern Mediterranean Sea to support U.S. operations there, the Navy announced Wednesday, as tensions escalate in the region amid war between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas.

The Italy-based flagship left Wednesday and will join other U.S. assets — including two aircraft carrier strike groups and an amphibious assault ship — already dispatched to the Eastern Mediterranean in support of Israel and to halt a broader conflict from erupting.

Sixth Fleet did not specify what Mount Whitney would be doing once it arrived on station. The Pentagon did not respond to a Navy Times request for comment by deadline Wednesday.

https://news.yahoo.com/uss-mount-whitney-heading-eastern-201758578.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson