Author Topic: State Department official resigns over Biden’s support of Israel’s war against Hamas  (Read 311 times)

Offline Kamaji

State Department official resigns over Biden’s support of Israel’s war against Hamas

By Victor Nava
Published Oct. 19, 2023

A longtime State Department official resigned Wednesday over President Biden’s decision to provide lethal arms to Israel as it wages war on Hamas terrorists.

Josh Paul, a now former senior official in the State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, publicly announced his resignation in a letter posted on his LinkedIn page, arguing that supplying Israel with lethal weaponry and ammunition is “impulsive” and “immensely disappointing.”

“I made myself a promise that I would stay for as long as I felt the harm I might do could be outweighed by the good I could do,” Paul, who worked in the State Department division ​​overseeing arms sales, wrote in his note. “In my 11 years I have made more moral compromises than I can recall, each heavily, but each with my promise to myself in mind, and intact.”

“I am leaving today because I believe that in our current course with regards to the continued – indeed, expanded and expedited – provision of lethal arms to Israel – I have reached the end of that bargain,” he wrote.

Biden, 80, has vowed to “stand with Israel” and “make sure Israel has what it needs to take care of its citizens, defend itself and respond” in the aftermath of Hamas’ barbaric Oct. 7 terrorist attack against the Jewish state, which left more than a thousand dead.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/19/state-department-official-josh-paul-resigns-over-bidens-support-of-israels-war-against-hamas/

Offline Kamaji

People like this need to be actively rooted out of the federal government, in all agencies.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
People like this need to be actively rooted out of the federal government, in all agencies.
Maybe he should go to Gaza to help Hamas, just like all the other Pali supporters protesting and rioting in the streets.

Offline PeteS in CA

Unfortunately, thousands or tens of thousands more like him infest Foggy Bottom.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Good-riddance, terrorist lover.  Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

Let’s see, if more and more like this person follows suit, how it will take for the Biden administration to reverse their position on HAMAS and Israel

And what will the party do if/when,during any Democrat party primary season, their left-wing base starts demanding that any Democrat running will be required to publicly state their support for the Palestinians over Israel?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 02:51:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy