Author Topic: Starbucks Faces Boycotts After Barista Union Showed Support for Hamas  (Read 2358 times)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Starbucks Faces Boycotts After Barista Union Showed Support for Hamas
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2023, 05:10:20 am »
The so called bearded crybaby who claims to be neuro-divergent is certainly lacking something.  I had to look up the definition of neuro-divergent.  Never heard the expression before.  Fruitloop strikes me as a more exact characterization.  But the definition indicated someone on the autistic spectrum.  I am sorry, but I did not see signs of what I consider autism.

But bottomline, I will boycott Starbucks for the remainder of my life.  I do not drink coffee, I drink tea, and I enjoyed their iced tea.  But I can live without it comfortably.

No mystery why this country has gone to sh*t.  One listen to this POS says a great deal.  Imagine what the next generation being born now is going to be like 20-25 years from now.  I dread the very thought of the further destruction.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2023, 11:53:58 am »
We're in trouble if we ever really do need a military draft, and Gen Z is what we're counting on to defend our country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2023, 04:17:17 pm »
We're in trouble if we ever really do need a military draft, and Gen Z is what we're counting on to defend our country.

My draft number was "2", then they stopped drafting on Dec 7/72 so I wasn't called up. I joined up instead. My son joined in 05.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2023, 04:18:31 pm »
The so called bearded crybaby who claims to be neuro-divergent is certainly lacking something.  I had to look up the definition of neuro-divergent.  Never heard the expression before.  Fruitloop strikes me as a more exact characterization.  But the definition indicated someone on the autistic spectrum.  I am sorry, but I did not see signs of what I consider autism.

But bottomline, I will boycott Starbucks for the remainder of my life.  I do not drink coffee, I drink tea, and I enjoyed their iced tea.  But I can live without it comfortably.

No mystery why this country has gone to sh*t.  One listen to this POS says a great deal.  Imagine what the next generation being born now is going to be like 20-25 years from now.  I dread the very thought of the further destruction.
So others don't have to look it up.

Neurodivergent is a non-medical umbrella term that describes people with variation in their mental functions, and can include conditions such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or other neurological or developmental conditions such as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).Feb 27, 2023

So it would appear that neuro divergent is just another way, the newest way for these bleep to say I'm special. I think it would be clear just looking at them, but I suggest that they adopt a pin of a short yellow bus and wear it just to insure their specialness is transmitted unequivocally to one and all.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2023, 07:27:26 pm »
I don't drink coffee, but I'm quite happy to boycott Starbucks anyway.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2023, 11:18:00 pm »
One of my watering holes shares an entrance with a Starsmucks.  The poseurs coming in to use the drive-tru are a trip.  But the freakshow inside is a real show stopper. It's like wall to wall ugly on a baboon's ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2023, 06:38:55 am »
I love coffee. I grind my own, Dark Sumatra from coffeebeandirect.com. I use distilled water, and brew it in a cheap Black and Decker Drip coffeemaker that does not get so hot it extracts the most bitter oils from the beans. Smooth, rich, low acid, and I can drink it hot or cold. No acid burn, no matter how strong I make it.

Starbucks is pretty nasty compared to the coffee I drink, so I avoid the place like the plague.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2023, 12:21:05 pm »
I love coffee. I grind my own, Dark Sumatra from coffeebeandirect.com. I use distilled water, and brew it in a cheap Black and Decker Drip coffeemaker that does not get so hot it extracts the most bitter oils from the beans. Smooth, rich, low acid, and I can drink it hot or cold. No acid burn, no matter how strong I make it.

Starbucks is pretty nasty compared to the coffee I drink, so I avoid the place like the plague.

Dakota Dirt and Mighty Missouri - have you had the pleasure of trying either of these, Joe? I do like to support the locals if at all possible.  And if they offer a decent product. 
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2023, 02:23:47 pm »
Dakota Dirt and Mighty Missouri - have you had the pleasure of trying either of these, Joe? I do like to support the locals if at all possible.  And if they offer a decent product.
No, I haven't had either. I'll keep an eye out.

Dot's Pretzels were one great success story I really like.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2023, 03:02:08 pm »

Oh, Dot’s are addictive! Yummy!
I wonder if the quality will go down now that they have moved production out of state.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2023, 03:08:23 pm »

You just had to mention Pretzels. I haven't made any sourdough prezels in too long a time.