Author Topic: Democrats now want US split into ‘blue’ states and ‘red’ states  (Read 434 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Democrats now want US split into ‘blue’ states and ‘red’ states

© Provided by Washington Examiner
Liberals laughed when conservatives including Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) called for dividing the United States into red and blue states because of national disunity and partisanship.

But they’re not laughing now. In fact, about a third of Democrats believe a political break from conservative leaning states is needed.

In a notable survey of 2,008 voters conducted by the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, 31% of “Biden supporters” want Democratic-controlled states to secede from the United States to form their own country.

Among voters who back former President Donald Trump, 41% support secession.

What’s more, large groups of both think it's time to end democracy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-now-want-us-split-into-blue-states-and-red-states/ar-AA1irrvA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=61a2364e1bdf42f6874edf9dca368c6f&ei=22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Democrats now want US split into ‘blue’ states and ‘red’ states
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2023, 06:26:36 pm »
So the *sswipes on both sides think the old confederation is better!?  Or do they think life is better under a tyrant :thud:?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 06:38:13 pm »
How about we go back to adhering to the Constitution, period???   What a concept.  *****rollingeyes*****
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 06:41:34 pm »
More federalism is the only possible answer to saving the union.  Give states more autonomy to set their own policies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 10:47:37 pm »
I say, take 'em up on the offer.

But if the red states are serious, watch the blue states withdraw the offer right away.
They know where the food and resources come from.

Aside:
What if King George had told the Colonists, "go your own way"...?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 11:32:14 pm »

But if the red states are serious, watch the blue states withdraw the offer right away.
They know where the food and resources come from.

Probably
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 11:40:52 pm »
There are no blue states, only blue cities.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 12:18:58 am »
There are no blue states, only blue cities.

True. But those cities control the state's political makeup

Minnesota is mostly red. But the Twin cities and Duluth are solid blue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy