Author Topic: Extending Work Permits for Migrants Isn’t the Solution; It’s the Problem  (Read 194 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Extending Work Permits for Migrants Isn’t the Solution; It’s the Problem
October 16, 2023

By extending the terms of employment authorization documents (EADs) for illegal aliens, the Biden administration is putting migrants first, while hurting American workers and taxpayers alike. Even as foreign-born labor is at record highs, inadmissible migrants can now work for longer periods than any congressionally authorized guest worker visa.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) says that increasing the EAD validity period from two years to five years – 10 years with renewal – will significantly reduce processing times and backlogs. But at what price comes this “efficiency”?

“USCIS is already in a dire financial crisis exacerbated by the Biden administration’s failure to implement an updated fee schedule, its creation of numerous unauthorized parole programs and massive expansion of Temporary Protected Status (both of which provide eligibility for work authorization),” the Center for Immigration Studies found. “This is sure to be another paper cut undermining the agency’s overall financial health in addition to attracting more migrants.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/10/16/extending-work-permits-migrants-isnt-solution-its-problem
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson