Author Topic: French nun tackles environmental protester attempting to stop construction of religious center  (Read 258 times)

Offline Kamaji

French nun tackles environmental protester attempting to stop construction of religious center

By Lindsay Kornick, Fox News
Published Oct. 18, 2023

A French nun was seen tackling an environmental protester outside the construction of a new religious center in what quickly became a viral online video.

On Saturday, members of the eco-group Les Amis de la Bourges, which is translated to friends of the village, attempted to protest the building of a new religious complex in Saint-Pierre-de-Colombier.

The construction was surrounded by a group of nuns from the Missionary Family of Notre-Dame forming a human chain around the area to stop the activists.

Altercations reportedly began in the early morning, leading to one of the sisters tackling a protester who was running with what appeared to be building materials to the ground while other protesters stomped on the piping materials.

“I didn’t expect that,” co-president of the association for the future of the Bourges valley Sylvain Hérenguel told public broadcast channel France 3. “I expected the nuns to be a little reasonable for the public order. The problem is that the religious people decided to resort to violence. I was attacked three times by five people, who snatched me, who wanted to throw me out there. They decided to protect the site with their actions and their bodies.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/18/french-nun-tackles-environmental-protester-attempting-to-stop-construction-of-religious-center/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Determined nun tackles eco-group protester
October 18, 2023 | Tom Tillison

In a scene guaranteed not to be on your bingo card, a French nun was captured on video tackling a crazed environmental protester at the construction site of a new religious center.

The bizarre incident took place over the weekend in Saint-Pierre-de-Colombier, which is in southern France. Members of the eco-group Les Amis de la Bourges were protesting the building of a new religious complex, and a group of nuns from the Missionary Family of Notre Dame formed a human chain around the site to keep the climate extremists at bay, according to Fox News.

The nuns were clearly determined to prevent the protesters from interfering with the construction efforts and when a man began charging toward the site with piping material in hand, a nun bolted out of nowhere and took him to the ground. Others are seen stomping on the plastic piping material frequently used by activists to chain themselves together or to an object.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1714315134280032262

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/10/18/determined-nun-tackles-eco-group-protester-1405292/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Never F with nuns.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
////00000////

Never F with nuns.

If there was one thing I learned in my years at Catholic school, never ever mess with a Nun who is on a mission from God!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
////00000////

Never F with nuns.

Let this image be burned in your mind people. You have been warned.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

She should have whacked him with a ruler. Metric, of course.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org