Author Topic: The U.S. Navy Just ‘Commissioned’ Its Most Powerful Submarine Ever  (Read 191 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The U.S. Navy Just ‘Commissioned’ Its Most Powerful Submarine Ever
The U.S. Navy on Saturday officially commissioned its newest fast-attack submarine, the USS Hyman G. Rickover (SSN-795).

ByPeter SuciuPublished8 seconds ago

The U.S. Navy on Saturday officially commissioned its newest fast-attack submarine, the USS Hyman G. Rickover (SSN-795).

It is the fourth Block IV Virginia-class submarine to enter service.

The boat was designed with enhanced stealth, sophisticated surveillance capabilities, and special warfare enhancements to meet the Navy’s multi-mission requirements. The USS Hyman G. Rickover will provide the capabilities required to maintain the nation’s undersea supremacy well into the 21st century, the Navy stated.

Secretary of the Navy Carlos Del Toro delivered the principal address at Naval Submarine Base New London in Groton, Connecticut. He commended the shipbuilders and crew, while he described the commissioning as a “true milestone for the fleet.”

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/10/the-u-s-navy-just-commissioned-its-most-powerful-submarine-ever/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson