Author Topic: Lockheed’s F-35 Quality Flaws Persist as Production Ramps Up  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lockheed’s F-35 Quality Flaws Persist as Production Ramps Up
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:06:09 pm »
Lockheed’s F-35 Quality Flaws Persist as Production Ramps Up
Story by Tony Capaccio •
1d

(Bloomberg) -- Lockheed Martin Corp. continues to produce F-35 jets with flaws discovered after the fighter jets are delivered to US military units, according to the Pentagon’s contracts management agency.

Four F-35Bs at a Marine unit at Cherry Point, North Carolina, have been repaired on-site since August by Lockheed technicians to correct “Category 1” deficiencies, according to people familiar with the problems, including a defense official. Such flaws affect flight readiness but aren’t seen as endangering pilot safety.

The issues at Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 542 indicate that quality problems persist even as production in the $438 billion F-35 program accelerates, with more than 975 jets delivered to the US and international partners, including Israel, the Pentagon’s Defense Contract Management Agency said in a statement to Bloomberg News.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lockheed-s-f-35-quality-flaws-persist-as-production-ramps-up/ar-AA1ihr2E
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Lockheed’s F-35 Quality Flaws Persist as Production Ramps Up
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 05:07:57 pm »
What great planes = when they work. eeefly
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson