Author Topic: Biden campaign joins Trump’s Truth Social platform  (Read 566 times)

Offline libertybele

Biden campaign joins Trump’s Truth Social platform
« on: October 17, 2023, 02:57:55 pm »
Biden campaign joins Trump’s Truth Social platform

The Biden campaign Monday joined Truth Social, the platform founded by former President Trump, pushing its message on a platform largely dominated by the former president and his followers.

“Well. Let’s see how this goes. Converts welcome!” the campaign wrote in its first post on the platform under the handle @BidenHQ.

The campaign followed up with another post that featured a video clip of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) criticizing Trump’s record on the national debt.

“A thing about campaigns is sometimes you just do things for the lolz,” Rob Flaherty, a deputy Biden campaign manager, wrote on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, of the decision to join Truth Social.

Fox News first reported that the Biden campaign would join Truth Social, which Trump founded in 2021 and launched in 2022 after he was suspended from what was then Twitter and other major social media platforms following the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol...............

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4258723-biden-campaign-joins-trump-truth-social/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden campaign joins Trump’s Truth Social platform
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 03:18:07 pm »
From the article…

The campaign followed up with another post that featured a video clip of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) criticizing Trump’s record on the national debt.

A charge that many of us here have also made

But it is a charge that this White House is in no position to be critical of anybody on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 03:06:47 am »
Sure they can be critical.  Wrecking Ball Joe claims to have reduced the deficit. 

Of course, only in his imaginary world that he lives in.  His holding the POTUS position makes a mockery of the Democommies. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 06:18:57 pm »
Sure they can be critical.  Wrecking Ball Joe claims to have reduced the deficit. 

Of course, only in his imaginary world that he lives in.  His holding the POTUS position makes a mockery of the Democommies.

There’s a lot that wrecking ball Joe has claimed that are simply not backed up by reality. Why should his claim on the deficit be an exception?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 06:45:22 pm »
From the article…

A charge that many of us here have also made

But it is a charge that this White House is in no position to be critical of anybody on

I don't see it as a good sign that they are in essence siding with DeSantis against Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 08:37:42 pm »
I don't see it as a good sign that they are in essence siding with DeSantis against Trump.

But they're not siding with DeSantis if they are doing the same thing Trump did.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 11:17:21 pm »

I don't know if they're "siding" with DeSantis against Trump

They just know they themselves are in no place to criticize Trump over deficits and debt

Barry Goldwater