Author Topic: House dysfunction could spell doom for vulnerable Republicans and GOP majority  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House dysfunction could spell doom for vulnerable Republicans and GOP majority
Julia Johnson

October 15, 2023 07:00 AM

With the 2024 elections inching closer, disagreement within the House Republican conference on a speaker threatens to put several members representing swing districts at risk, further endangering their already slim majority over Democrats.

Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was historically ousted from his post earlier this month as eight Republican detractors voted with House Democrats in favor of a motion to vacate. Now, Republicans are struggling to put forward a speaker nominee who can gain enough support from the conference to get elected.

And as internal frustrations heat up among Republicans, House Democrats have presented a united front, prepared to put all their votes behind Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY).

"I think it will definitely hurt the Republican Party in general and specifically the swing districts because it shows government's not working and it's the Republicans' fault," GOP strategist Susan Del Percio said.

According to fellow Republican strategist Ron Bonjean, "The fact that the House floor has been shut down for two weeks without progress on selecting a new speaker does not help Republicans keep the majority."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/speaker-dysfunction-doom-vulnerable-republicans-gop-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And there are plenty who will consider that a big positive because then we'll have fewer RINOs.  I don't think that way, but there are plenty who do.