Author Topic: Horowitz: Our enemy Hezbollah is already in the Western Hemisphere  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Horowitz: Our enemy Hezbollah is already in the Western Hemisphere
OPINION
DANIEL HOROWITZOctober 13, 2023

In the wake of the Hamas massacres in Israel, Hamas' Lebanon-based Shiite ally Hezbollah warned the United States that if we side with Israel, “there will be no red line” to prevent attacks on American assets anywhere in the world. If we enjoyed a modicum of real leadership, such threats would ring hollow. After all, Hezbollah should not have the capabilities to strike us. The trouble is, we left our front door and our back door wide open — particularly in Latin America. That makes Hezbollah’s threat far more serious.

It isn’t simply the fact that we have let so many people into the country directly from Lebanon, Syria, and Iran — the countries that finance, train, and host Hezbollah and its global terror network. In the past 20 years, the United States has admitted around 230,000 Iranians, 70,000 Syrians, and 63,000 Lebanese. Some of them were ethnic minorities, but the overwhelming majority were Muslims. Now add immigrants from Iraq, which, thanks to our idiotic war, is now a safe haven for Hezbollah as well. We’ve brought in more than 200,000 Iraqis, half of whom are Shiite. You might have seen some of them waving Palestinian flags at a celebration of Hamas in Dearborn, Michigan, this week.

The numbers from legal immigration are bad enough. Now consider our porous southern border, where the situation is even more sinister. Since 2021, 659 Iranians, 538 Syrians, and 164 Lebanese nationals have been apprehended by the Border Patrol. How many more slipped through?

https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/horowitz-our-enemy-hezbollah-is-already-in-the-western-hemisphere
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson