Author Topic: DC crime victims testify before Congress about city's crime surge, residents ‘being targeted and att  (Read 283 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

DC crime victims testify before Congress about city's crime surge, residents ‘being targeted and attacked’
Story by Gabriel Hays •
17h

Washington D.C. crime victims appeared before the U.S. Congress this week to express how dangerous the nation's capital has become in the last year.

During the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Federal Government Surveillance hearing on Thursday, several D.C. residents and small business owners described their harrowing experience of the rising crime wave in the city, which has surpassed last year’s crime figures.

The murder rate in the city is up, already surpassing 200 murders this year. Last year, the number of homicides did not reach the 200 mark until Dec. 29.

VIOLENCE SOARS AMID DC POLICE CRISIS AS 5 KILLED IN JUST 1 DAY

Victims, including Valor Brewpub owner Gaynor Jablonski, told Congress about dangerous criminals in the city. He presented lawmakers video of him being threatened at gunpoint by a DoorDash driver in front of his own small children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dc-crime-victims-testify-before-congress-about-city-s-crime-surge-residents-being-targeted-and-attacked/ar-AA1idnKc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=123da0763a4f41e0b7418a7d123ed366&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson