Author Topic: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'  (Read 7978 times)

Offline LMAO

Guy Benson
@guypbenson
News from my interview just now with @GovRonDeSantis

- Hits Biden admin over billing US citizens for being evacuated from a war zone, noting that the administration routinely flies illegal immigrants all over the US for free (says FL not charging for its rescue flights)

:thud:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Shocker. The Usual Suspect decides to show up and **** in the punch bowl. Again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

I think you’re confusing policy initiatives that DeSantis and Trump probably see eye to eye on with DeSantis “claiming them as his own”

No, the false account is intentional.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Pathetic.  Absolutely pathetic.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shocker. The Usual Suspect decides to show up and **** in the punch bowl. Again.

ICYMI @jmyrlefuller   :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

@Right_in_Virginia , are you referring to the muslim travel ban that Trump announced last Monday - not in July as your post falsely suggests?

Donald Trump Touts New Travel Ban In Fear-Laden Speech

Nick Visser  |  Oct 9, 2023, 09:18 PM EDT

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-travel-ban-israel-gaza-hamas_n_6524a0b6e4b0102e6963270c

Also, I can't find where DeSantis called for a travel ban.  His statement was about resettling refugees.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 03:43:45 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

@Right_in_Virginia , are you referring to the muslim travel ban that Trump announced last Monday - not in July as your post falsely suggests?

Donald Trump Touts New Travel Ban In Fear-Laden Speech

Nick Visser  |  Oct 9, 2023, 09:18 PM EDT

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-travel-ban-israel-gaza-hamas_n_6524a0b6e4b0102e6963270c

Also, I can't find where DeSantis called for a travel ban.  His statement was about resettling refugees.

For some reason, Ron DeSantis being in the Republican primary race has collapsed the psyche of RIV along with another poster.

She has posted many things when it comes to Ron DeSantis versus Donald Trump that have either been proven false, or over exaggerated

I’ve just learned to take anything she posts with a massive rock of salt. I don’t think she intentionally means to lie. I just think that she just entrenches herself in pro Trump news sources and just figures they are true and there’s no need to verify their veracity

But then she comes here, and they are challenged. That’s why the habit of not answering or addressing challenges to her claims
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:56:29 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

This is an anti-DeSantis article that’s fairly recent but I found this little tidbit interesting

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/ron-desantis-republican-rising-star-alarms-muslims-palestinians

The then-congressman was also the lead author of a bill introduced in 2015 that sought to ban the entry of immigrants from Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen - all Muslim-majority countries.

The bill, titled the Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act of 2015, never passed out of committee. However, several years later, former President Donald Trump introduced his own Muslim ban, which included all of the countries named in DeSantis' bill, but added two more in its first iteration: Iran and Sudan.

And I verified that these bills did in fact exist, or were attempted to be passed. So it appears that Donald Trump is copying Ron DeSantis.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 12:40:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

And here’s more verification

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/195702-ron-desantis-wants-patrick-murphy-alan-grayson-to-join-him-in-fight-against-isis-terror/

Congressman Ron DeSantis, running for Senate on a message heavy on national security, takes a hard-line position when it comes to the global war against ISIS. His recently filed legislation, the Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act (TRIP), reflects that.

That bill,BTW, was from 2015.  Ted Cruz introduced similar legislation in the Senate.

Another example of where “research” should not just be regurgitating TruthSocial talking points

MAGAs think that Ron DeSantis’s political career was all blessed to him by Donald Trump in 2018. They think that we don’t know that Ron DeSantis was first elected to Congress in 2012, two years after Donald Trump donated to the likes of Harry Reid, and two years before Donald Trump gave to Kamala Harris’s reelection for CA AG campaign
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 12:33:25 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

In other words, Trump is simply ripping off DeSantis!

:mauslaff:

Can't wait for the "sanctimonious" spin on this one!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

And I verify that these bills did in fact exist, or were attempted to be passed. So it appears that Donald Trump is copying Ron DeSantis.

Say it ain’t so! We all know that every good policy idea has originated in the brilliant mind of Donald J Trump.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LMAO

In other words, Trump is simply ripping off DeSantis!

:mauslaff:

Can't wait for the "sanctimonious" spin on this one!

Yes… if one wants to make that argument. I do believe that Donald Trump would support a tighter immigration policy from terrorist breeding countries. I believe that’s a position that he is in agreement with Ron DeSantis on.

This is another example of where MAGA  claims do not back  a simple research for verification. There must be something in the MAGA DNA that only allows them to swallow whatever Donald Trump tells them to swallow without doubt or skepticism

Barry Goldwater

No @Hoodat   First, I'm reminding you --- as previously posted up thread --- President Trump had implemented a travel ban and suspension of refugee resettlement from terrorist nations (and was quite beaten up for it), among other policies, and Biden's first actions as POTUS were to revoke them.

President Donald Trump will immediately reimpose the Trump Travel Ban. "We don't want our people killed."

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1712273019794849950

Stephen Miller
@StephenM

Is anybody who attacked President Trump over the Travel Ban, refugee pause, lottery termination, and enhanced vetting procedures now willing to admit they were wrong?

9:18 AM · Oct 14, 2023

And, now....thank you for the opportunity to post Trump's full plan for 2025 -- the one he's been discussing on the campaign trail.  I'm sure even @deb will find something she likes in it.  happy77

Thanks again!   :patriot:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 01:21:54 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Uh-oh, the Trump Truth Squad has shown up to beat all of us non-believers into submission!

:silly:

Offline LMAO

Uh-oh, the Trump Truth Squad has shown up to beat all of us non-believers into submission!

I do believe that Donald Trump would also implement a ban on refugees from these countries

It’s the idea that Ron DeSantis is copying Donald Trump when it actually appears to be the opposite is what I take issue with. Caught in another deception… Again.

It would be nice if Donald Trump adopted Ron DeSantis position on spending and growing the size of the federal government. For some reason, that seems to be a position that Donald Trump is avoiding like the plague.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 01:27:25 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Hardly @Kamaji  ----  Just being neighborly.

@Hoodat appreciates when I answer his questions to me ----

I hope you both enjoy your day.   :beer:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It would be nice if Donald Trump adopted Ron DeSantis position on spending and growing the size of the federal government. For some reason, that seems to be a position that Donald Trump is avoiding like the plague.

Well, spending other peoples money is in Trumps DNA.  He has done it all his life.  Hell, it is how he is covering his legal fees at present. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Well, spending other peoples money is in Trumps DNA.  He has done it all his life.  Hell, it is how he is covering his legal fees at present. 

I do believe that Donald Trump would also implement a ban on refugees from these countries

Reimplement.

It’s the idea that Ron DeSantis is copying Donald Trump when it actually appears to be the opposite is what I take issue with.

Is it time to designate a brave soul to venture outside and take a peek at what Desantis and his team are actually saying?

@LMAO

Offline LMAO

Reimplement.

Is it time to designate a brave soul to venture outside and take a peek at what Desantis and his team are actually saying?

@LMAO

Actually, I look at a candidate’s  record to see if their  voting record  matches their rhetoric. And Ron DeSantis’s record in Congress on this issue is not matching the claim that you’re making. That’s just the facts. Sorry if that upsets you. You forget that Ron DeSantis was also in Congress before he was  governor voting and introducing these bills roughly around the time Donald Trump was donating to the likes of Harry Reid, Kamala Harris, and Chuckie Schumer

Nobody here believes that Donald Trump would not attempt to put these bans into place because his record   suggests he would. Its your claim that Ron DeSantis is simply copying Donald Trump’s position when Ron DeSantis’s record goes back to his time in Congress that’s the problem.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 02:12:30 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
However, several years later, former President Donald Trump introduced his own Muslim ban, which included all of the countries named in DeSantis' bill, but added two more in its first iteration: Iran and Sudan.

And I verified that these bills did in fact exist, or were attempted to be passed. So it appears that Donald Trump is copying Ron DeSantis.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:  Edited to add:  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 08:17:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Trumps and DeSantis’s position on this particular issue is matched by their records so I consider it a match on this

But no, Ron DeSantis is not copying Donald Trump. That claim deserves more than just a three rolling head laughing

You would think that after being called out for exaggerations and falsehoods, that at least some personal pride would cause somebody to do a little bit of research before posting claims.

But I guess Donald Trump was right when he said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and he still wouldn’t lose his supporters

Just in case anyone is interested

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4143/text
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 04:15:32 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trumps and DeSantis’s position on this particular issue is matched by their records so I consider it a match on this

But no, Ron DeSantis is not copying Donald Trump. That claim deserves more than just a three rolling head laughing

Good point.

I edited.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm a Trump fan.

I find nothing wrong with what Mr. DeSantis said here.
Why attack him for speaking common sense ?

These threads always seem to devolve into shouting matches, which is why I seldom read them.

The "disunity" in this forum is a shining example of why the dumb whites of America are going to lose their country...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:43:39 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Dumb whites have lost their country decades ago.

Mussies have been pouring in legally via the Diversified Visa Program.  And it will continue to accelerate where almost all coming here will be mussies.  The USA is dissolving like sugar in a hot drink.  Soon, our country will no longer exist.  The republic is gone.  Soon, we will have a totalitarian government, and little to no freedom.

The day of Soylent Green is coming!!  No joke.