Author Topic: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'  (Read 7964 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2023, 12:10:35 am »
The rest of the story:

Site of Florida Holocaust Memorial spurs debate

Jim Turner  |  April 3, 2023

As lawmakers consider setting aside a nearby site for monuments, the Florida Senate on Monday rejected a proposed amendment that would have required completing a long-awaited Holocaust memorial in the current Capitol Complex by the end of January 2024.

Among the reasons for the rejection of the proposal by Sen. Lori Berman, D-Boca Raton, was that the nearby site has the “structural integrity” to handle the added weight of the Holocaust memorial and other planned monuments.

That comes after a major renovation project of underground parking garages in the Capitol Complex. Emergency funding was approved in 2016 after House and Senate underground garages were damaged by decades of expanding tree roots and the weight of soil and water intrusion.

“We just spent $100 million on our parking garages, and it never contemplated the weight of having all these memorials there,” said Sen. Jason Brodeur, chairman of the Senate Agriculture, Environment, and General Government Appropriations Committee. “So, what we are doing by putting it in one place, is we’re able to engineer that it has the structural integrity to be able to support all these memorials.”

But supporters of the Holocaust memorial, which was approved in 2016, expect it to be an issue in upcoming budget negotiations.

“We’re tired of hearing excuses,” Rep. Randy Fine, R-Brevard County, said Monday. “World War II started for the United States on December 7, 1941. It ended in Europe on September 2, 1945. It should not take twice as long to build a monument for the Holocaust as it did for the United States to win World War II.”  .  .  .

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-holocaust-memorial-spurs-debate-205834446.html

So it is the Florida Legislature and not Ron DeSantis who is holding this up.  Here is YET ANOTHER FALSE NARRATIVE being offered up here by TBR's unofficial Trump Campaign spokesperson, @Right_in_Virginia
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Re: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2023, 10:21:22 am »

So it is the Florida Legislature and not Ron DeSantis who is holding this up.  Here is YET ANOTHER FALSE NARRATIVE being offered up here by TBR's unofficial Trump Campaign spokesperson, @Right_in_Virginia

To quote @DB

“The ends justify the means. Anything goes to get the desired outcome. Integrity is not a consideration, as well evidenced over and over.”

Whether it’s a picture of Ron DeSantis around young girls with the suggestion that he was buying under age girls booze, the claim that his campaign was working with the Biden DOJ to prosecute Trump, the claim George Soros endorsed DeSantis, or the claim that it was Donald Trump who first came out with a travel ban, ect ect. When one engages into a pattern like this, it’s difficult to not come to the conclusion that they are deliberately trying to deceive readers.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 11:26:07 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy