Author Topic: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2023, 08:17:47 pm »
I haven't spewed exaggerations and falsehoods......

Neither have I @libertybele  Your slur against me is deeply offensive.  I am the only one you call a "liar" on this forum --- the same one whose prayers you received when you asked for them when so sick, the same one who welcomed you back when you recovered  --- the same one you agree with more than not on everything from war, to fashion to social issues, and have for the 14 years we have both been here.

Disagree with my opinion; ---- prove the documentation I present is incomplete ---- but, do not call me a liar, in word or by euphemism.  Stop it, please, just stop it.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 08:20:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2023, 08:23:26 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2023, 08:33:58 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Have you ever considered an alternative approach?  The next time you get caught posting some false narrative against some Republican that Trump doesn't like, why not simply own up to it?  You could say something like, "Gee, I got so caught up in the moment emotionally that my passion got the best of me.  Now that you point it out, I can see that DeSantis indeed did not say what I accused him of saying.  Thank you for correcting me because integrity is something I value.  I acknowledge my mistake and retract my earlier statement."

Hope that helps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2023, 08:47:15 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Have you ever considered an alternative approach?  The next time you get caught posting some false narrative against some Republican that Trump doesn't like, why not simply own up to it?  You could say something like, "Gee, I got so caught up in the moment emotionally that my passion got the best of me.  Now that you point it out, I can see that DeSantis indeed did not say what I accused him of saying.  Thank you for correcting me because integrity is something I value.  I acknowledge my mistake and retract my earlier statement."

Hope that helps.

The ends justify the means. Anything goes to get the desired outcome. Integrity is not a consideration, as well evidenced over and over.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2023, 09:00:30 pm »
Neither have I @libertybele  Your slur against me is deeply offensive.  I am the only one you call a "liar" on this forum --- the same one whose prayers you received when you asked for them when so sick, the same one who welcomed you back when you recovered  --- the same one you agree with more than not on everything from war, to fashion to social issues, and have for the 14 years we have both been here.

Disagree with my opinion; ---- prove the documentation I present is incomplete ---- but, do not call me a liar, in word or by euphemism.  Stop it, please, just stop it.

OK --- I understand that you feel that I called you a liar.  I get it. Your point is made, and with that being said, I apologize to you. 

BTW, I joined in late 2014 -- so, I've been here only nearly 9 years.  NO, I'm not calling you a liar, just setting the record straight. In comparison to most in here, I'm a newbie.

At any rate, from this point forward @Right_in_Virginia  -- PEACE ---
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2023, 11:15:38 pm »
This thread has been so hijacked that the only debate in here is against one another.  Sad.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2023, 11:31:01 pm »
This thread has been so hijacked that the only debate in here is against one another.  Sad.

If someone states something that is provably false about a candidate, and doubles down, they should not be surprised by the reaction they get

That's the way it is.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:12:26 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2023, 12:13:10 am »

DeSantis is absolutely correct that we should not be taking in any Gaza refugees.  There are places they could go that are much closer to home.

Not that I think that will stop the Idiot-in-Chief.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2023, 12:15:52 am »
DeSantis is absolutely correct that we should not be taking in any Gaza refugees.  There are places they could go that are much closer to home.

Not that I think that will stop the Idiot-in-Chief.

There's at least one idiot in Congress that has publicly stated we should take them in . Doubtful he's alone in his thinking

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/squad-member-rep-jamaal-bowman-says-us-should-welcome-palestinian-refugees-israel-gaza-palestine-hamas-terrorism-terrorist-invasion-middle-east-conflict
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2023, 01:23:02 am »
OK --- I understand that you feel that I called you a liar.  I get it. Your point is made, and with that being said, I apologize to you. 

BTW, I joined in late 2014 -- so, I've been here only nearly 9 years.  NO, I'm not calling you a liar, just setting the record straight. In comparison to most in here, I'm a newbie.

At any rate, from this point forward @Right_in_Virginia  -- PEACE ---

Thank you @libertybele   ☮️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2023, 11:24:54 pm »
Let me know when DeSantis has even one felony indictment and then we can talk about him copying Trump, I only wish Trump would have copied DeSantis more as an effective executive office holder.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2023, 11:26:51 pm »
So now you're tripling down on a lie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2023, 11:32:39 pm »
H.R. 4448 (114th): State Sanctions Against Iranian Terrorism Act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr4448/text

This was in 2016.  Looks like Trump is copying DeSantis again.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2023, 11:33:04 pm »
We’ve already established here , in fact, it was Donald Trump that was “copying” Ron DeSantis’s position and proposal on his own travel ban as president through links to articles, and the actual bill proposal itself

Besides, it’s a stupid argument to make. When Donald Trump implemented his own travel ban, when he came president, he used the proposal from both DeSantis and Ted Cruz as his guide.

I supported it. I didn’t condemn him for “copying” DeSantis and Cruz. If Donald Trump came out today with the realization that yes, despite his earlier comments, after studying the issue, he does agree that we need to reform Social Security and Medicare, I would congratulate him on finally coming to that realization. I wouldn’t condemn him for “copying” DeSantis’s position.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 11:57:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2023, 11:36:24 pm »
H.R. 1337 (113th): Palestinian Accountability Act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr1337/text

This was in 2013.  Looks like Trump is copying DeSantis on this as well.  Does Trump ever have an original thought?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2023, 11:39:03 pm »
Gee, looks like someone deleted their post.  Go figure.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2023, 11:41:28 pm »
Gee, looks like someone deleted their post.  Go figure.

You would think after getting her ass handed to her already on this thread that there would be some self reflection going forward and maybe a little bit more research and skepticism beyond regurgitating Trump campaign propaganda

Nope

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2023, 11:46:43 pm »
You would think after getting her ass handed to her already on this thread that there would be some self reflection going forward and maybe a little bit more research and skepticism beyond regurgitating Trump campaign propaganda

Nope

Especially after being handed an out.  But no.  Not only is she OK with people calling her out for posting lies here, she's also OK with people knowing how insanely stupid she sounds posting them.  Seriously, does it really matter who said what first?  No one is copying anyone.  These are simply common sense proposals that countless people have made over the years.

All it would take is to simply come clean and admit the error.  But that seems to be beyond her ability.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2023, 11:53:18 pm »
Especially after being handed an out.  But no.  Not only is she OK with people calling her out for posting lies here, she's also OK with people knowing how insanely stupid she sounds posting them.  Seriously, does it really matter who said what first?  No one is copying anyone.  These are simply common sense proposals that countless people have made over the years.

All it would take is to simply come clean and admit the error.  But that seems to be beyond her ability.

These bills and proposals are not hard to find if one is willing to look. She, and another member, believe that Ron DeSantis’s political career started in 2018 with Trump’s blessing. But they don’t know that DeSantis was elected to Congress in 2012 so he has a record that goes back before his 2018 gubernatorial run

As of now, I’m backing DeSantis’s campaign. But if he made a claim  I would look for verification to see if the claim he made was true. I wouldn’t just take his word on everything.

I know that the management does  not like posters calling each other liars. And I still don’t believe that it’s a deliberate attempt to deceive but more just believing what Donald Trump says is true without question.

But how many times do you have to be called out on this before people start wondering if, in fact, you are deliberately trying to deceive?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 02:04:40 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2023, 12:56:39 am »
H.R. 1337 (113th): Palestinian Accountability Act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr1337/text

This was in 2013.  Looks like Trump is copying DeSantis on this as well.  Does Trump ever have an original thought?

YES!   It was his idea that he could pay off the debt if we'd just give him 8 years. 

Trump Running $1 TRILLION DEFICITS FOR YEARS TO COME, After Promising to Pay U.S. Debt in 8 years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn0MQtEGfuw
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2023, 03:03:12 am »
The ends justify the means. Anything goes to get the desired outcome. Integrity is not a consideration, as well evidenced over and over.

Nailed it.

« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2023, 10:45:13 pm »
DeSantis says US should not accept Gaza refugees: 'They're all antisemitic'

by Cami Mondeaux, Congressional Reporter
October 14, 2023 03:52 PM

Rep. Randy Fine
@VoteRandyFine

Today, I am endorsing @realDonaldTrump

“The past 2 wks have made me realize our choice as Jews is simple. We can vote for the Gov who says the right things, or we can vote for the President who actually does them. When it comes to action, Trump has never let us down.”

https://washingtontimes.com/news/2023/oct/23/donald-trump-has-never-let-us-down

10:31 AM · Oct 24, 2023

Donald Trump has never let us down
Actions speak louder than words
Washington Times, Oct 23, 2023, Randy Fine

[...]

Every piece of legislation you hear him talk about regarding Jewish issues is one I wrote. I love his words. His actions have broken my heart.

Before Governor DeSantis got elected, I helped fund a state Holocaust memorial. It’s five years later; they haven’t broken ground. Governor DeSantis has taken longer to commemorate the deaths of six million Jews than it took the Allies to stop the deaths of six million more.

Eighteen months ago, my Nazi “friends” showed up in Florida. They assaulted a Rabbi. They beat up a Jew who yelled back at one of their protests. They commandeered highway overpasses to illegally hang banners saying “Gas the Jews.” They have tormented Jews at their homes with filth. Until a few weeks ago, Governor DeSantis said almost nothing. And worse, he did almost nothing.

Today, in the aftermath of the worst attack on my people since the Holocaust, we have open anti-Semitic protests taking place all over the state, worst of all on our State University campuses. In 2019, I wrote a bill that would allow the Governor to end these – it was the centerpiece of his trade mission to Israel. The bill was simple – our universities already kick kids out who call Black students the “n-word” – as they should. It simply required them to do the same for Jewish kids being told they should be wiped off the earth. When I begged Governor DeSantis to use the bill to protect these children after the attack, he shrugged it off and passed the buck to our University Presidents. They continue to do nothing.

In 2020, I had an open anti-Semite run against me; she called me a “pest” who should be “exterminated.” So many Republican leaders came to my defense; Governor DeSantis did not. He didn’t even endorse me.

I made excuses for all of it.

But I can’t anymore. Our world changed forever on October 7. The Holocaust did not end in 1945; it just went into hibernation. Radical Islam is the spiritual successor to the Nazis.

Words won’t save us. Only actions will.

Donald Trump didn’t just talk about moving the Embassy. He did it.  Donald Trump didn’t just talk about Israeli security. He green-lit them annexing the Golan.  Donald Trump didn’t just talk about peace. He signed the Abraham Accords. He deserved a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

When he was President, Islamic countries weren’t attacking Jews over there; neo-Nazis were not attacking Jews over here because they feared him.

The past two weeks have made me realize our choice as Jews is simple. We can vote for the Governor who says all the right things, or we can vote for the President who actually does them. When it comes to action, Donald Trump has never let us down.

I wrote this while just down the street a group of my fellow Americans openly rallied for the death of my children. Just two miles from where Ron DeSantis lives.

There is one man I know who can bring this to an end. I know this because I don’t have to trust his words.  I can remember his acts.

There is no choice – we must return Donald Trump to the Oval Office. For Israel. For Jews. For America. And for the World.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/oct/23/donald-trump-has-never-let-us-down/

Offline corbe

« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2023, 11:00:59 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2023, 11:57:45 pm »
Donald Trump has never let us down

This is where I stopped reading.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2023, 12:04:13 am »

This is where I stopped reading.

Yup.   The Guy is the king of letting people down.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.