Author Topic: Top Marine outlines priorities for next four years  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Top Marine outlines priorities for next four years
« on: October 14, 2023, 08:23:56 pm »
Top Marine outlines priorities for next four years
In his first interview since shedding the “acting” label, commandant cites people, modernization, and organic mobility as top areas of focus.
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | OCTOBER 12, 2023
MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL

As Gen. Eric Smith nears 100 days of leading the Marine Corps, he says his thoughts are focused on one thing: his people.

“The first thing I think about when I get up in the morning, or the last thing I think about before I hit the rack at night, is Marines. How do I make them more capable, more lethal? How do I make it easier for them to have some control over their careers?” Smith told Defense One in his first interview since being confirmed as Marine Corps commandant.

His efforts are complicated by the fact that he is still working two jobs, thanks to a GOP senator’s blanket hold on senior military promotions.

“[W]hen you have senior people doing two jobs, that by definition means you're not focused on either job solely, which is what the Marines deserve,” said Smith, the former assistant commandant who became acting commandant when Gen. David Berger retired on July 10. “I mean, one person cannot do both jobs as well as two people can do those two jobs.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/10/top-marine-outlines-priorities-next-four-years/391154/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Top Marine outlines priorities for next four years
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 08:28:41 pm »
His top priority has to be, because it's the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs big priority, is to make white officers a minority.  That means being completely woke, which must be the second priority.  I hope he also paints bullets the colors of the LGBT flag to show he's on board with Gen. Davis. :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson