Author Topic: Jim Jordan reveals what the House would look like with him as speaker  (Read 374 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Jim Jordan reveals what the House would look like with him as speaker

The Washington Examiner
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Sign In| Subscribe

by Eden Villalovas, Breaking News Reporter
October 05, 2023 10:02 AM

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) began his bid for House speaker on Tuesday, hoping to replace Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), who was ousted in an unprecedented vote this week.

The Ohio Republican painted a picture of what a Jordan speakership would look like, outlining his plan to avoid a government shutdown, resolving disputes within his conference, what policies he would focus on, and where the multiple investigations would stand if he departed from the chairman role.

On avoiding a government shutdown

McCarthy worked with Democrats in the House to pass a measure to extend government funding for 45 days last week. Jordan was one of 90 Republicans who opposed the stopgap measure, explaining what he would do differently to avoid a government shutdown.

“I think the first thing you do is you pass the bipartisan bill that's in the Senate,” Jordan said on Thursday, speaking on Fox & Friends. “We take that bill up here in the House and we pass it. It's no shutdown act.”

Jordan referred to the bipartisan bill introduced by Sens. James Lankford (R-OK) and Maggie Hassan (D-NH), the Prevent Government Shutdowns Act, requiring all members of Congress to continue working if appropriations are not passed on time. If funds do run out, an automatic continuing resolution would be enacted on rolling 14-day periods.

“That would take this whole shutdown politics, shutdown scenario, shutdown stuff off the table,” Jordan said. “You do that and then you focus on the legislation, and frankly, if we need some kind of continuing resolution or some stopgap measure, I think it should go all the way in the next year.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/jim-jordan-reveals-speaker-agenda-plan
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 05:23:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Jim Jordan reveals what the House would look like with him as speaker
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 04:36:55 am »
Trillions wasted and pissed away, much of it to benefit our enemy nation, and now they want us to believe they did it to crash our economy.and of course you must believe its not the perps fault-democrats.
 :dumpster: :dumpster: :dumpster:
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Re: Jim Jordan reveals what the House would look like with him as speaker
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 11:15:54 pm »
“I think the first thing you do is you pass the bipartisan bill that's in the Senate,” Jordan said on Thursday, speaking on Fox & Friends. “We take that bill up here in the House and we pass it. It's no shutdown act.”

Jordan referred to the bipartisan bill introduced by Sens. James Lankford (R-OK) and Maggie Hassan (D-NH), the Prevent Government Shutdowns Act, requiring all members of Congress to continue working if appropriations are not passed on time. If funds do run out, an automatic continuing resolution would be enacted on rolling 14-day periods.

“That would take this whole shutdown politics, shutdown scenario, shutdown stuff off the table,” Jordan said. “You do that and then you focus on the legislation, and frankly, if we need some kind of continuing resolution or some stopgap measure, I think it should go all the way in the next year.”

That's a very interesting strategy.
If passed, it would eliminate the Dims' annual threat of
"fund all our programs that are destroying civilization,
or we'll starve your babies and puppies,
and scream about how it's all the Republicans' fault!"

Of course the Dims would never consent to
losing one of their favorite weapons to scare the dumb masses.
How many nanoseconds will it take for the Dims to
scream about how this bill is "raaaacisssst!"?

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao