Author Topic: Dumbocracy Achieved: ACT Test Scores For US Students Drop To 30-Year Low  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dumbocracy Achieved: ACT Test Scores For US Students Drop To 30-Year Low

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, OCT 12, 2023 - 08:00 PM

The government-enforced lockdown of schools and months of forced remote learning during Covid have devastated the education of America's future leaders. New data on ACT college admissions tests shows high school students' scores have plunged to the lowest in over three decades.

According to data published by ACT, the nonprofit organization that administers the college readiness exam, the average composite score on the ACT test fell to 19.5 for the class of 2023, a decline of .3 points from 2022. The average scores in mathematics, reading, and science subjects were below ACT College Readiness Benchmarks, indicating fewer seniors than ever are ready for college.

"We are also continuing to see a rise in the number of seniors leaving high school without meeting any of the college readiness benchmarks, even as student GPAs continue to rise and students report that they feel prepared to be successful in college," ACT CEO Janet Godwin wrote in a statement.

One of the best examples of a school system caught in a grading scandal is the Baltimore City Public Schools system. Investigative journalist Chris Papst of Fox45 News' Project Baltimore has found dozens of schools with very few kids proficient in critical subjects on state exams despite some earning satisfactory grades.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/dumbocracy-achieved-act-test-scores-us-students-drop-30-year-low
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Dumbocracy Achieved: ACT Test Scores For US Students Drop To 30-Year Low
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 05:41:34 pm »
We were warned by the Founders, a Republic cannot survive with an uneducated populace. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Dumbocracy Achieved: ACT Test Scores For US Students Drop To 30-Year Low
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 11:09:44 pm »
Methinks that changing demographics amongst the "tested students" could also be a factor here.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 04:23:29 pm by Fishrrman »