Author Topic: Forget PowerPoint and move faster on planning, Army 2-star says  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Forget PowerPoint and move faster on planning, Army 2-star says
« on: October 13, 2023, 03:16:37 pm »
Forget PowerPoint and move faster on planning, Army 2-star says
By Todd South
 Oct 11, 03:01 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The days of units organizing their operations around a 24-hour cycle, with a short list of targets and procedures, and walking through each at a comfortable pace are over.

“Right now, the way we organize ourselves is in a 24-hour battle rhythm, and that has to change,” said Maj. Gen. Charles Costanza, special assistant to the commanding general of Army Forces Command.

“[Large-Scale Combat Operations] are not going to let you do that,” he said.

The two-star explained this during an Oct. 11 panel on intelligence modernization here at the annual Association of the U.S. Army Meeting and Exposition.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/10/11/forget-powerpoint-and-move-faster-on-planning-army-2-star-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Forget PowerPoint and move faster on planning, Army 2-star says
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 03:17:52 pm »
Such realistic thinking is going to get him fired. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson