Author Topic: Trump risks GOP blowback with Netanyahu remarks  (Read 289 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump risks GOP blowback with Netanyahu remarks
« on: October 13, 2023, 01:03:46 pm »
 Trump risks GOP blowback with Netanyahu remarks
by Julia Manchester - 10/12/23 5:43 PM ET

Former President Trump risks potential backlash in the Republican presidential primary over his criticism of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the wake of the Hamas terror attacks in Israel.

In a speech Wednesday, Trump accused Netanyahu of “letting us down” in 2020 just before the U.S. killed a top Iranian general. Trump also suggested that the Biden administration and Israeli leaders’ public discussions helped Hezbollah, which the U.S. designates as a terror organization, plan further attacks on Israel. Then on Thursday, Trump said in an interview that Israel “wouldn’t have had to be prepared” if he were in the White House. Additionally, the former president referred to Israel’s defense minister as a “jerk.”

The comments have already opened Trump up to criticism from rival GOP presidential candidates including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and his former Vice President Mike Pence. Additionally, the comments could threaten to attract more criticism from other members of the GOP, which is dominantly pro-Israel.

“I think it’s a strategic mistake,” said Alex Stroman, a Republican strategist. “If I was a Republican candidate, I would probably be running ads [using Trump’s comments against him].”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4253295-trump-benjamin-netanyahu-israel-hezbollah-hamas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump risks GOP blowback with Netanyahu remarks
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 01:07:43 pm »
I get what he's saying but the way he said it was a turd in the punch bowl. There are times to be blunt, but there are times where more tact is needed, like this situation.
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump risks GOP blowback with Netanyahu remarks
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 01:48:04 pm »
The debate over who within Israel bears responsibility for this is one that should be left to Israelis.  Poking our noses into this level of politics in another country, particularly after what just happened, is irresponsible.