Author Topic: Trump sharply criticizes Netanyahu over intelligence failure in latest sign of soured relationship  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump sharply criticizes Netanyahu over intelligence failure in latest sign of soured relationship
Kaitlan Collins Kate Sullivan
By Kaitlan Collins, Kate Sullivan and Shania Shelton, CNN
4 minute read
Updated 1:39 PM EDT, Thu October 12, 2023

Washington CNN  —

Former President Donald Trump lashed out Wednesday at Benjamin Netanyahu, saying the Israeli prime minister was caught unprepared by Hamas’ attack and praising the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah as “very smart.”

The remarks reflect the soured relationship between the two men and are notable at a time when Trump’s Republican presidential rivals have uniformly sought to position themselves as steadfast supporters of Netanyahu during Israel’s war with Hamas.

“(Netanyahu) has been hurt very badly because of what’s happened here. He was not prepared. He was not prepared, and Israel was not prepared,” Trump told Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade in an interview clip that aired Wednesday night.

Trump went further at a campaign event in West Palm Beach, Florida.

“When I see sometimes the intelligence, you talk about the intelligence, or you talk about some of the things that went wrong over the last week, they’ve got to straighten it out because they’re fighting potentially a very big force,” Trump said Wednesday.

more
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/politics/trump-criticizes-netanyahu-hamas-attack/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blames Netanyahu for Hamas attacks, calls Hezbollah leaders 'very smart'
David Jackson
USA TODAY

Donald Trump lashed out at Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, telling a crowd of Florida supporters that the countries' intelligence failed, and its enemies were ''very smart."

"I'll never forget that Bibi Netanyahu let us down," Trump told a group of supporters Wednesday in West Palm Beach, Fla. "That was a very terrible thing."

Trump discussed the operation that killed Iranian military leader Qasem Soleimani in early 2020. The former president said Israel now has to strengthen itself as it fights Hamas and other militant groups, including perhaps Iran.

Supporters of Israel said on social media said that the Soleimani operation was aided by Israeli intelligence, while others criticized Trump for criticizing Israel's government in the midst of a crisis.
'Hezbollah is very smart'

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is running against Trump for the Republican nomination, zeroed in on Trump's description of Hezbollah leaders as "very smart."

Noting that at least 1,200 Israelis and 22 Americans have been killed in recent days, DeSantis said on the X website that "it is absurd that anyone, much less someone running for President, would choose now to attack our friend and ally, Israel, much less praise Hezbollah terrorists as 'very smart.' As President, I will stand with Israel and treat terrorists like the scum that they are."

During what was otherwise a campaign speech, Trump claimed that an unnamed U.S. official described Israel as being vulnerable from the north, and that kind of information would be helpful to adversaries.

"You know, Hezbollah is very smart - they're all very smart," Trump said at one point.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2023/10/12/donald-trump-israel-hamas-war-benjamin-netanyahu/71148802007/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
One thing you can never say about trump.  He is not an ass hole.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
For Trump, everything, even foreign relations, comes down to nothing more than personal relations.  Nothing matter to Trump except that Netanyahu wasn't sufficiently deferential.

Offline LMAO

For Trump, everything, even foreign relations, comes down to nothing more than personal relations.  Nothing matter to Trump except that Netanyahu wasn't sufficiently deferential.

It would not surprise me if he starts hinting that HAMAS felt threatened in the same way he defended Kim Jong Un earlier this year

https://amp.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3211197/donald-trump-defends-north-koreas-not-happy-kim-jong-un-after-missile-launches-he-feels-threatened

Kim Jung [sic] Un of North Korea, who I got to know and got along with very well during my years as president, is not happy with the US and South Korea doing big training and air exercises together,” Trump wrote. “He feels threatened.”
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:57:24 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

Hell had Xi praised Trump, I'm sure Trump would have praised him and there would have been no tariffs on China.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”