Author Topic: Democrats float deal to end House Speaker fight  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats float deal to end House Speaker fight
« on: October 14, 2023, 07:04:42 pm »
 Democrats float deal to end House Speaker fight
By Jon Levine   
Published Oct. 14, 2023, 12:23 p.m. ET

A clutch of moderate House Democrats are offering a deal to Republicans to end the chamber’s fractious fight to choose a new speaker.

The House has been leaderless since Republicans deposed Speaker Kevin McCarthy in a coup last week.

Multiple GOP speaker candidates have so far been unable to form a working coalition among their colleagues.

In a Friday letter to House Speaker Pro Tempore Patrick McHenry (R-NC) obtained by The Post, four Democrats said they would be willing to grant him limited powers in an effort to restore basic government functions.

The four moderates were Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Ed Case (D-Hawaii), Susie Lee (D-Nev.) and Jared Golden (D-Maine). All are members of the House’s bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus.

“In light of our nation’s pressing issues, a looming government shutdown, and the attacks on our key ally, Israel, we strongly support an immediate vote to expand the Speaker Pro Tempore’s authorities to all for the consideration of a legislative agenda limited to the most pressing issues,” the letter read.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/10/14/democrats-float-deal-to-end-house-speaker-fight/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Democrats float deal to end House Speaker fight
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 07:12:11 pm »
Well, that's a viable solution I suppose, but it possibly indicates that they don't won't Jordan as speaker.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.