Author Topic: What requirements must undocumented immigrants meet to apply for a Green Card in the US?  (Read 446 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 What requirements must undocumented immigrants meet to apply for a Green Card in the US?
Story by As.com,Gidget Alikpala •
12h

Many people take the risk of entering the United States illegally in search of a better future. By doing so, they are vulnerable to being deported at any time if the authorities apprehend them. However, there are certain exceptions by which an illegal immigrant could obtain a residence permit and avoid deportation, according to the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR), the body in charge of the regulation of immigrants.

What requirements must undocumented immigrants meet to apply for a Green Card in the US?
One of the first requirements indicated by the EOIR is that people demonstrate with documents that they have been living in the United States for at least a decade, which would help the chances of requesting deportation forgiveness before an immigration judge.

The agency recognizes that this process is long and tedious, but says that about 4,000 people manage to receive this benefit throughout each year.

“If the immigration judge approves the cancellation of deportation, you will be able to obtain a green card, also known as Legal Permanent Residence,” says an official document.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what-requirements-must-undocumented-immigrants-meet-to-apply-for-a-green-card-in-the-us/ar-AA1i0LmY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d74cec95d4694f72b1d35f469d18be2c&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

There should be no circumstances under which an illegal can apply for, let alone get, a U.S. green card without first going back home and doing things the correct way.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There should be no circumstances under which an illegal can apply for, let alone get, a U.S. green card without first going back home and doing things the correct way.
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

***agree

Online Hoodat

Yep.  I have colleagues who have been here for ten years working for lower pay while the government and their employer drags their feet on issuing green cards.  They are essentially slaves to their employers, forced to work for lower pay, and if they quit, they get deported immediately.  It ain't right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-