Author Topic: Trump wins generic vote big, 30% Democrats back him  (Read 629 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump wins generic vote big, 30% Democrats back him
« on: October 10, 2023, 10:49:11 pm »
Trump wins generic vote big, 30% Democrats back him
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist
October 10, 2023 04:30 PM

Former President Donald Trump’s campaign juggernaut is roaring through the country with such force that now, he is winning the general election generic vote with 53% support from likely 2024 voters.

Coming on the same day that a Morning Consult survey had him leading the GOP race with a high of 61%, a Rasmussen Reports survey said that more than a majority of voters plan to vote for him.

And that includes Democrats.

Asked, “How likely are you to vote for former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election?” 30% of Democrats said “very” or “somewhat likely.” Some 50% of black people agreed, as did 80% of Republicans.

What’s more, voters appear so focused on Trump that they don’t care who he picks as vice president.

Likely voters overwhelmingly said that his choice for a running mate wouldn’t matter. Asked, “Would the choice of a vice-presidential candidate not make much difference in whether you vote for Trump?” 57% agreed. The rest were divided over his pick of a woman, a black person, or a nonpolitician.

The results showing Trump’s support appeared to surprise the analysts at Rasmussen, which has had the race close for months, unlike others such as the Washington Post showing a Trump blowout of President Joe Biden.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/trump-wins-generic-vote-big-30-democrats-back-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump wins generic vote big, 30% Democrats back him
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 10:54:37 pm »
Sigh. I'll be more than happy to keep DeSantis as governor -- FL needs him, but this country desperately needs a fiscal conservative.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 11:14:03 pm »
Yet he still can't win the general election....

IF the election is actually between Brandon and Trump, I think in light of what has happened and Joe's lack of mental acuity he could.

I still think we'll see Joe step down before '24 (if we make it that long) and I'm thinking we'll likely see Jarrett as Chuckle's VP.  When Joe made his speech about Israel today, there was no sign of a smile or her usual smirk -- I don't think she wants the responsibility right now, nor is she ready and able.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:14:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 01:28:18 am »
If enough Democrats are dissatisfied enough with Biden, and they stay home like they did in 2016, Trump could win a plurality with the electoral college giving him the presidency
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 02:13:06 am »
If enough Democrats are dissatisfied enough with Biden, and they stay home like they did in 2016, Trump could win a plurality with the electoral college giving him the presidency

A few things:

1. Now all of a sudden, many people believe in polls.  Sorry, I think it is BS.
2. The Dems will not stay at home in 2024 like they did in 2016.
3. This could be fake news
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 03:30:10 am »
Yeah, any poll that says 30% of registered Democrats are going to vote for Trump is nuts.