Author Topic: Harris reportedly dismisses question about declining black turnout: 'Talk to me after 2024'  (Read 323 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harris reportedly dismisses question about declining black turnout: 'Talk to me after 2024'
by Julia Johnson, Politics Reporter
October 10, 2023 04:51 PM

Vice President Kamala Harris reportedly refused to address questions over the decline in black voter turnout seen by the Democratic Party in the 2022 midterm elections.

Asked about the administration's "disconnect" between its accomplishments and translating them into enthusiasm among black Americans and higher voter turnout, Harris told the New York Times's Astead W. Herndon, “Why don’t you talk to me after 2024?”

In recent years, Democrats have seen support among minority groups, including black Americans, decline. Between 2020 and 2023, President Joe Biden's share of non-white voters who planned to vote for him dropped from over 70% to 53%, per data from various New York Times/Siena College national polls.

This trend was also reflected in the midterm elections, in which black voter turnout dropped 10 points. In the Washington Post's analysis of the Census Bureau’s turnout survey, black voter turnout fell from 51.7% in 2018 to 42% in 2022.

In the New York Times's new profile of the vice president, Harris was asked about the party's relationship with black voters and if promises have been kept to the community. The author writes, "Harris launched into a recitation of talking points."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/harris-dismisses-question-declining-black-turnout-talk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Any statement from Giggles about Israel, or is she letting Joe do all her talking for her?  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Any statement from Giggles about Israel, or is she letting Joe do all her talking for her?  :whistle:

As far as I know she hasn't uttered a word about the war in Israel.  She did stand at his speech without smirking; she showed great restraint.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As far as I know she hasn't uttered a word about the war in Israel.  She did stand at his speech without smirking; she showed great restraint.

@libertybele

Frankly,I am surprised someone that stupid has managed to stay silent about something that stupid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I thought she would cackle at the pictures of the the headless children. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.